FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I’m getting [got :D] a new bike!

Author Topic: I’m getting [got :D] a new bike!
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I left my old bike in storage at Purdue, and now that I’m home in Colorado, I have no bike. So my Dad said he wanted to buy me a new bike for summer so we can go riding, a really nice bike. I kept insisting that it would be really expensive and I could get by without a nice, new road bike. Until he kept pushing it and my Mother enlightened me that he was really excited about the bike because when I left for college again, he got to have it. [Cool] So I agreed and yesterday we went out shopping for a new bike, and found one! The Trek 5000, a beautiful, all carbon fiber road bike. I’m going to go in about and hour and have it sized for me and then bring it home. I’m so excited!

[Party]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ May 10, 2004, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*jealous*

Did I mention that my dad's wonderful bikes just went up in flames in the Garage fire?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
That's an awesome bike! You must be a serious road biker.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I'm not really quite on the level to need this bike, though I like to think I'm close. My Dad, on the other hand, can very much make full use of this bike, and really this is for him.

[Cool]

AJ, that's awful! I hope they were insured. [Angst]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

Where do you find Sunday slacks with legs big enough to accommodate cyclist thighs?
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I recently bought two pairs of shorts and some super spiffy Hanes tagless T-Shirts. Those are the only clothes I own that actually fit. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
So that's why I've been losing weight but having a hard time with some of my pants. I've recently been biking to work and back every day. It's about 10 miles and the headwinds around here can kick my tush.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

The problem with cyclist thighs and slacks is that when you sit the pant legs hike up, and then when you stand they stay hiked up. Might as well wear kniebund-lederhosen to church.

Wonder if they make "relaxed-fit" dress slacks for men.

OTOH, lederhosen are dressy enough to wear to church, and you could ride your bike to and from without the legs getting caught in the chain.

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
carbon fiber
I read this as cotton fiber. [Roll Eyes]

Sounds and looks like a cool bike...!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Now that would be a light bike!

Just got back from a shortish ride on it (like 8 miles or so). Mmm Mmm good!

*salivates just thinking about the Trek*

This is the first bike I've ever ridden with clipless petals too, and let me to tell you, what a difference! And the all carbon fiber make of it give you a darn smooth ride.

<--*Is ridicously excited*

Hobbes [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.