FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » House of Leaves

Author Topic: House of Leaves
ushi
Member # 6538

- posted      Profile for ushi   Email ushi         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished reading this huge book a few weeks ago and all I can think is "WOW".

It is actually three books going on at the same time: the explorer's story of his haunted house; the footnotes of the man writing the critique on the film the explorer made about his haunted house; and the footnotes of the young man reading the critique - which is in its own right a ghost story.

An incredible piece of work and I urge it to be read by those who love a traditional but very intellectual ghost story [Big Grin]

[ May 10, 2004, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: ushi ]

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I checked it out from the library about a year ago, based on a hatrack recommendation. I really enjoyed what I read. Unfortunately, I was so busy with school at the time that I was not able to finish. Thanks for the reminder. I'll check it out again.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds really good.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
it *is* really good...i started it last night and it's just...chilling. eerie. nothing "boo" happens, it's just this psychological terror -- it's hard to describe. Read It.
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Who's it by?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

Mark K. Danielewski
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
SUCH the good book! *dies*
Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

And it isnt just a haunted house, it's a house bigger on the inside than on the outside! ^_^

[ May 28, 2004, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Damien ]

Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it capable of moving in any direction in time and relative dimensions in space?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

I believe (and it's been a while..) that relative time and space don't even apply within the bounds of the house.
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it have a gravitic anomalyser and a transdimensional stabiliser?
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

As far as I can tell (and i'm a good portion through the book) while relative space certainly does not apply, relative time appears to, at least as far as we've been shown. Time within and time without seem to be comparable.

[ May 28, 2004, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Leonide ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.