FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown V: Aisles well that ends well (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown V: Aisles well that ends well
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't usually need any affirmation or accolades for the puns I post but one from yesterday really tickled me. Did the tile one make sense to anyone?
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I laughed at it.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Thank you Dana. This isn't a pun, I just had the weirdest deja vu feeling about this exchange with you.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it made sense. I didn't speak then, so now I must forever hold a piece of the tile.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Well not forever, maybe just untile the twelfth of never.
punwit
Member # 6388

Ok, the puns seem to be lagging a bit. I'm gonna throw a phrase out that I'm sure there is a pun hiding in but I don't seem to be able to unearth it. Here is the phrase, "Let no man put asunder"

Actually I think I could find a pun there but I'm afraid to.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[/pun]
pre nope tiles...that was a good one!

Sorry I'm not giving out awards anymore, because this thread has been a hoot![pun]

Did you all hear about the combination wedding and baptism? The bride was joined by her ladies in wading.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

punwit, I see one. But I'm not going to use it.

(Not until after the wedding anyway. [Wink] [Embarrassed] )

[ May 12, 2004, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

BTW Bob and Dana, I reckon I'm about midway between the two of you. Do you use I-35 to commute to one another?
dkw
Member # 3264

We would if we drove, but it's an 18-20 hour drive, so we've been flying. Bob tacked on days to a business trip to the midwest, and I stole my dad's frequent flier miles.
punwit
Member # 6388

Ok, I live close to Kansas City and thought if you were ever going through I'd love to meet you both.
dkw
Member # 3264

I suspect we will at some point. [Smile]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Bah! Too unpunnish.

Back at the joint wedding/baptism, the bride, speaking for herself and the bridesmaids, warned that their hair was not to be messed up. She said, "Let no man put asunder."

Or, the bride, lacking a change of underwear, might say, "let no man put my ass under."

Whichever.

Dagonee

[ May 12, 2004, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, bob, you may not be giving prizes anymore, but I still think you're the best man for the job.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I was recently visiting in France for a wedding. I knew the groom, but not the bride. At the rehearsal dinner, I asked the man sitting next to me which one was the bride. He pointed to a woman with golden hair and said, "There. That is the Bride of Lyons."

[ May 12, 2004, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Elizabeth, your latest post reminded me of why my wife and I didn't get married in October. My best friend told me to do it earlier. He said, "Bride goeth before the Fall."
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

My two favorite things about weddings are the bride, and prejudice against the groom.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

That Marilyn. What with her marriage to DiMagio, she was truly the Bride of the Yankees.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Sorry, that joke was something borrowed.
punwit
Member # 6388

Oh I'm sorry too, you blue it.
punwit
Member # 6388

But then you new that.
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Said the impressive clergyman at the domestic engineers compensation negotiations:

"Ma wage. Ma wage is what bwings us togever today.

"Ma wage. That breastfed arrangement..."

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

My husband and I need a new bed. Ours is falling apart. We are broke, though. We need some matriss mony.

[ May 13, 2004, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

There was a hermaphrodite left standing alone at the altar. His/her name was Jill Ted.
punwit
Member # 6388

I was reminiscing with an old friend the other day. He was thinking back to the days just before he got married. He said his fiance used to make these large batches of cookies when he would come over to visit. He still becomes aroused by the smell of baking cookies. He said it was the batch allure part he remembers fondly.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
And of course you've heard the about the rap star who married his new wife before divorcing his old one. The new woman didn't care though. Her married name:

Polly Anna Dre.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kale
Member # 6460

- posted      Profile for Kale           Edit/Delete Post 
Just be careful. If you marry the wrong woman, you're gonna get burned. Debriding is *not* fun! Think it would be a challenge, but doable? Trust me, you'll be busy enup tialdering the work of a healthy relationship!
Posts: 11 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.