FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Can anyone help me with some beekeeping?

Author Topic: Can anyone help me with some beekeeping?
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Beekeeping?

(With apologies for being of absolutely no help to Ela...)

Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
ScottR to the rescue!
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes?
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Bees is over here.

Books is over there...

Which one is ScottR supposed to rescue?

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dead_Horse,

I know this was meant only as a dobie, but I wanted to express my appreciation. Because we (my family) DOES have some beekeeping questions (we have bees 'inherited' from grandpa, who's the only one who knew how to take care of them, and now he's dead). And your link is a wonderful resource for me to finally find some answers to my questions!

Thanks!
Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Beekeeping? I think Scott knows something about that... [Smile]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm no beekeeper, but I'm pretty sure that the standard against which all others are measured is still the classic Practical Handbook of Bee Culture, with Some Observations upon the Segregation of the Queen, by Sherlock Holmes.

Unfortunately, I can't find any copies available through Amazon or the used booksellers online. [Frown]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

I always wished Doyle had actually written that.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for letting me know somebody read it and appreciated it, Dag.

I looked around a bit to see if anyone had made an attempt to draft one in his name, but no luck.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to know something about beekeeping, because my scoutmaster was a beekeeper. He helped us all earn our beekeeping merit badge, which is one that not too many scouts earn. We used to go out with him to his little processing building where he would extract the honey from the combs. We also helped out at information booths we set up at various council-wide scouting events. Unfortunately, since that was several years ago, I don't remember much.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

I'm glad if it's some help, Farmgirl. I try to find quality sites for my dobies. Not just any old thing will do. And I like bees, just not too close up.
Rain

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.