FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Family Guy is coming back to fox

Author Topic: Family Guy is coming back to fox
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
At least according to this report.

And this report from USA Today.

Please let this be ture, please, oh please!

[ May 20, 2004, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: beatnix19 ]

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
It is true. At first I disliked that show, but I dled a few episodes. Now I really like it. It's great and this time they better KEEP it on.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Old news, but good news.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think it was announced in mid-april, but it's the sort of news that can crop up in fifty threads and be JUST FINE with me.

What I heard was that the Cartoon Network would be airing the new episodes and Fox would retain the ability for first run, or even second run (whatever that's called), and I actually consider it a little more important for Cartoon Network to have some degree of control. They, and DVD saved the show. Fox sh!!canned it like they've done w/several other outstanding shows in recent years and I don't trust the honchos at Fox to do anything other than approve pilots for creative shows (something they're FAR more effective at than the other major non-cable channels), holding onto quality shows is another story entirely.

What will never be forgotten? That I actually paid attention to a moronic review in a 12/01's EW magazine that listed Family Guy amongst it's top 10 worst shows of 2001. It wasn't until my brother forced me to overcome my aversion to the animation (most particularly of Peter, and his son) that I realized how incredible the show was, weeks after I read that halfwit's blurb about the show in his piece about 2001 Television dreck.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
I very much want a shirt that has a picture of Stewie with on it saying,'I will destroy you!'

I very, very much want this.

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Today's forcast calls for brilliance with a chance of DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Belladonna: although cafepress prohibits copyrighted images in their TOS, I have never gotten in trouble selling small batches of shirts so long as I select zero markup.
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.