FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Canadian politics.... ooow nobody cares (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Canadian politics.... ooow nobody cares
gwan
Member # 6194

- posted      Profile for gwan   Email gwan         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you ask a question?
Did you run out to the parking lot and slit his tires?
Did you ask the jerk why he went to your school and not mine?
Did make rude noises while he was speaking?
Did you do anything fun??

Posts: 197 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... I read through that CBC link but I didn't see anything about increasing the taxes by $1000/year for those earning between $15000 and $250000 (the two numbers that were mentioned). Although, I really don't like the sounds of cutting deficit payments in order to fund these programs. I really like a balanced budget, I want the national debt gone. But I also want health care... So, I guess I want my taxes raised for a few years until the debt goes away? S'pose I'll have to pay to eat my cake.

I completely agree with BrianM about our military. I was under the impression that we were still able to send out peacekeepers where they need to go, we just can't send large equipment like jeeps with them. I'd be happy with Peacekeepers, keep JTF2 around, maybe make a JTF3 [Razz] and keep some boats in the water to shoot the crap out of all the bastards from other countries who insist on overfishing our stocks.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
I sneered a lot. And made clever wisecracks to those within the vicinity... which would include his wife if her hearing's still good. I was planning to bring tomatoes, but that didn't pan out... you know, he has very watery eyes, like all old, senile people. And a red face. Darn airbrushing; I didn't recognize him at first.
Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone Manga
Member # 6579

- posted      Profile for Stone Manga   Email Stone Manga         Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote the numbers in question immediately after hearing the broadcast on the radio, and averaging the cost over a rough number of working Canadians. Indirectly, it will cost that much anyways, because if they raise taxes for the rich, they could lower them proportionally for the poor instead of spending extra on social programs for the poor.
Posts: 16 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
bacon!

The whole problem with the Canadians is the bacon! Can't get it right northside of the border, can't make it anything but freaky-streaky red-striped fatty on the southside.

*pause*

BACON!

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.