FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » missing Provo, Utah LDS girl? - With New Suspect - updated (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: missing Provo, Utah LDS girl? - With New Suspect - updated
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to google Donny Osmond [Confused]
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Wash. Parolee Who Killed Self Was Suspect

quote:
authorities also are looking at the man, Richard Wilson, 39, of Walla Walla, as a possible suspect in an Idaho murder and the disappearance of a Brigham Young University student in Oregon
Just an update for those who want to know.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

- posted      Profile for michaele8   Email michaele8         Edit/Delete Post 
I know the family and I hope and pray she is alive.
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

A new twist to this mystery:

Police Arrest Man Linked to Wilberger Case

quote:
In the affidavit, Detective Bryan Steed of the Portland Police Bureau refers to Kim as a suspect in the Wilberger case. He states that a search of Kim's computer by Newberg police yielded 40,000 pictures of women being tortured and raped. Newberg police also found videos of two women doing laundry at Concordia University in Portland. The women were unaware they were being watched.
This is a sick guy

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you who want to follow the story more closely, my local newspaper has updates every day on the search for Brooke Wilberger. It's in the community section at http://gazettetimes.com.

It doesn't look good, but I'm still hoping they'll find her.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad about her abduction....not looking good after all this time.

I had someone from out of state find out I was from MA, and the first question he asked was if I knew the Bish family.....I thought that was weird. I know NE states are tiny, but really, what are the odds I'd know them out of the millions of people in the area.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

I don't know any of the people involved, but Corvallis is a small town, and I think a lot of people are still shocked that something like this can happen here.

When I walk out to my car at night after work (I work at Oregon State University) I pay very close attention to my surroundings. It's kind of sad, actually, to feel even slightly unsafe here. This is the sort of place where many people still leave their doors unlocked...

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought he was Jewish. (Referring to Osmond)

[ June 23, 2004, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

A suspect has been arrested in the murder of Brooke Wilberger.

quote:
Although police do not plan on publicly discussing the latest developments in the Brooke Wilberger investigation until Wednesday afternoon, a 39-year-old man being held in a New Mexico jail has been charged with aggravated murder in the case.
They haven't found her body, but I guess the police don't think she'll be found alive.

[Frown]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I always have a very hard time understanding how they can prosecute for murder in cases where they can't even prove she is dead (no body found).

This might be a tough case for them to pin on him unless they really have some very good evidence.

FG

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.