FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My bad 24 hours with my car

Author Topic: My bad 24 hours with my car
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
I had a crazy night last Sunday and just haven't been on Hatrack lately so I’m now going to post this since 1. I’m bored 2. it was interesting.

Last Sunday I went up to Blockbuster to rent a movie on the way back I’m traveling down the road (there’s no light since I live in the middle of nowhere) and all of a sudden I see some dude jump from the middle of the street and realize his bicycle is in the rode but I can't move since he jump to the other lane and theres a barrier on the other side so I miss him and run over the bike as I screech to a stop.

As he came around the car he drags the bike to the middle turn lane and a second later I see he's carrying something that I didn’t see but might have hit and the way he was carrying it at first I thought it was a kid and felt about like I wanted to die. Then I realize it's just a dog (which makes me fell bad but at the time that was a major improvement). So finally I figure out the reason my window won't roll down is that I turned off the truck (don’t know when I also put it into that gear 1 instead of park but I was freaked so heh) so I holler to him "hey you OK" and get no response beside him mumbling all pissed off and walking down the street carrying the dog.

So I head home and tell my mom what happened and she starts trying to figure out what happened and apparently I'm not explaining things well cause she starting to act weird and freaking me out more like she thinks I did it on purpose or something. So anyway she finally drags me out of the house to go see the spot to make sure the guy didn’t pass out along the road and when we get there all that’s there is my tire tracks (and possibly someone else's which makes me think that may be why he was in the middle of the road at the time) and a blood spot that must be from the dog so I'm feeling shity but I’m calming down since he got somewhere and came back for the bike.

So nothing showed up in the news or anything so it all worked out (kinda). Since this was the first time I had had any kind of accident I was clueless as to what I needed to do, but what else should I have done since he was taking of with most of the accident (and later got the rest)? Now I know I still should have called the police or something.

And of course the next morning I locked my keys in my truck as I was dropping some stuff off I bought at the comic shop before I went next door to the bookstore. And to make it worse I apparently have a plastic bar just below the rubber of my window so that the locksmith couldn’t get any thing in there to pop the lock. Luckily the locksmith was good at his job and could cut me a new key just by looking at the key siting on my car seat.

Well that’s all just wanted to let ya'll know what a "wonderful" 24 hours I had.

[ May 29, 2004, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: The Wiggin ]

Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
since he was taking of with most of the accident (and later got the rest)?
[ROFL]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Wig))))) That sounds rough! I'm sorry to hear it.

Hehe, your thing about the dog reminded me very strongly of Michael Palin in "A Fish Called Wanda"! [Big Grin]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.