FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Good News/Bad News

Author Topic: Good News/Bad News
Uncle Moose
Member # 125

- posted      Profile for Uncle Moose   Email Uncle Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I pulled out the old screenname because of the good news -- my brother (Horse) and his wife are gonna have a baby.

They got married on April 3rd, and got pregnant on April 4th. (There were a couple hours between the wedding and the reception, but we're gonna take their word for it that it was the next day.) Due date is December 26th -- my brother figured he wanted the tax deduction this year. They aren't going to find out the gender ahead of time -- why, I'm not sure. "We want it to be a surprise." Well, it's still a surprise, even if the surprise occurs a few months earlier. Anyway, party on for the extended Moose household. I did get an e-mail from the future mom this morning asking whether or not I'd told Hatrack yet, so I thought I should announce.

And the bad news. A sister-in-law on Mama's side just had a miscarriage due to an ectopic pregnancy. They've been trying for a while, so this is a real heartbreak for them -- not that it wouldn't be anyway, but it's along the lines of adding insult to injury.

Ok, that's it for now. Mama can add more if she wishes.

--Pop

Posts: 114 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yank
Member # 2514

- posted      Profile for Yank   Email Yank         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, congratulations and condolences, all at once. That's really the essence of life, isn't it?
Posts: 1631 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes an ectopic pregnancy can result in some very nasty things, plus result in that side (the ovary/tube, etc.) never being functional for pregnancy purposes due to scarring and general damage, if not rupture.

I hope that this is not the case this time, and that she's able to have all the children she wants.

On the plus side, it does sort of point to both parties being fertile, neh? So if things aren't damaged, chances are they'll succeed sooner or later.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.