FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Speaking of Trek: What would you like to see on Enterprise? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Speaking of Trek: What would you like to see on Enterprise?
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
That's IT! Dr. Who meets Star Trek wherein the Daleks and the Borg battle it out for control of the entire universe. Q to provide comic relief. OF course.
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
...or...

one of the ST crew (any series) time travels back into the half-time festivities of a late 20th century superbowl game?

eh? eh?

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Only if I get to play Janet Jackson. [Razz]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*cough*

quote:
half-time festivities of a late 20th century superbowl
*clears throat*
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Then I want to be Justin Timberlake. [Razz]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I think you two are missing flish's point that 2004 is not in the 20th century.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

*Blinks confusedly*

Won't a time warp thingymajiggy take care of that little problem?

*Laughs at Beren*

MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
My problem's with the cannon of trek and enterprise:

1)earth was at war with the romulans before the formation of the federation and starfleet.

2)the federation and starfleet were created at the same time.

3)kilingons weren't known of until 50 years after the formation of the federation.

4)klingons in TOS had a different appearance that the modern klingons do not discuss.

they could be explaned due to all the f****** time travel episodes screwing up history, but still...

oh, and rivka,

quote:
Kirk's Enterprise was among the first (or, according to the book The Final Frontier, THE first) starships to be built. Ever. OOPS! We changed our minds on that!

the enterprise was not one of the first, it was built a century after the formation of starfleet, and there was a s.s. enterprise (one of the first earth ships) series that was going to air after tos was cancelled but it never went through, there was even a picture of the s.s. enterprise in the first star trek movie.

OH SHIT...I just realized i'm a trekkie...

[ June 05, 2004, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
4)klingons in TOS had a different appearance that the modern klingons do not discuss.

Actually, DS9 does explain this, as I recall.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
MEC, were any of those actually discussed in an episode? The 'official chronology' and 'Star Trek Encyclopedia' don't count. If it wasn't said on screen in a televised episode or film, canon-wise, it didn't happen.

And the only explanation given in DS9 (during the brilliant episode "Trials and Tribble-ations") was that "We don't discuss it." - and that from Worf.

Seeing as ENT takes place a good deal of time BEFORE 'TOS', there is still room for some sort of genetic testing and/or 'stealth program' that would be instituted in the Empire.

As for the Romulans? I have a feeling we'll be seeing them show up in Season 4. Call it a hunch.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

the only evidance i can offer of the s. s. enterprise is the picture in the first movie.

The u.s.s enterprise was launched in 2245 from the san francisco yards("The Cage" [TOS])

First contact between the klingons and the federation took place in 2218("Day of the Dove" [TOS])

a bitter war occured between earth and romulan forces around 2160 using early space vessels using primative atomic weapons("Balance of Terror" [TOS])

the united federation of planets was founded in 2161("The Outcast" [TNG])

it seems i was mistaken about starfleet and the federation being formed at the same time, starfleets founding date is never stated.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And the only explanation given in DS9 (during the brilliant episode "Trials and Tribble-ations") was that "We don't discuss it." - and that from Worf.

I thought Worf said that the TOS Klingons were from the Northern Hemisphere and his type were from the Southern one, or vice-versa, and that the other group had been in prominence back then. Am I imagining that?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
U.S.S. = United StarShip
S.S. = Space Ship (AND would predate Starfleet, as I recall)

The U.S.S. Enterprise, Naval Construction Contract 1701 was (among) the first starships. The S.S. Enterprise was not. Hoverer, in the first episode of Enterprise (and several others) that ship was referred to as a starship.

[edit: clarity]

[ June 06, 2004, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

starship = ship that can travel between stars

spaceship = ship can travel in space

also note that your novel said it was the first, however in the show, there are deadleus class starships that outdated the constitution class starships in starfleet.

also note that the u.s.s. enterprise was launched almost a century after the formation of the federation.

rivka
Member # 4859

The starship/spaceship thing did NOT come from a novel. I have a feeling it may have come from one of the gazillion "about ST" books, though. *thinks* although I thought it had actually come from TNG episode. [Dont Know]

There was evidence in some of the time-travel episodes that Starfleet was not created until quite some time after the Federation.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

I think I speak for all of us when I say:

what we'd like to see on the Enterprise is "The L Word".

WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
In the vein of having a starfleet acadamy spinoff, there should be an away team spinoff filmed in the style of Cops or Reno 911! [Razz]

I'm not a big fan of Enterprise. It really doesn't feel like Star Trek.

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

well, u.s.s. is reffered to as united starship and united space ship in the original series. And the logical conclusion is tht united starship is the correct name since all the ships are called starships. Also logic would tell us that s.s. stand for starship without the united. But it has not yet been said wheather u.s.s. refers to a ship in starfleet or a ship in the federation.
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
Did you guys know that William Shatner published a book called 'Get A Life!' ?

But seriously, I am a Star Trek fan all the way.

[Cool]

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I have a life, i just enjoy watching the show and as long as i'm alive i will do that.
rivka
Member # 4859

Since Shatner didn't actually write any books (although the number with his name on the cover seems to keep increasing [Dont Know] ), I don't see the relevance of your comment, Whale. [Wink]

Anyway, I have a life. Hatcrack. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.