FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sports anticipation Stormy Jones or Lance? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sports anticipation Stormy Jones or Lance?
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Conversely Lance's "swagger" factor only really started getting worse after his 3rd tour win.
No, Lance was roundly disliked in Europe for his Swagger back in the mid-nineties before his cancer. He managed to tone it down for a couple of years, but now he is as bad as ever.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I've heard Lance was a pompous a$$ when younger. But people can change given time and the occasional life threatening illness.

But if they are so upset by his arrogance then why does Europe appear to be embracing him (Lance) more. I mean they can't fake the spectators which aren't all American by any means. And now they are cheering him like they never have rather than booing. (I'm interested in this because being IN Germany I know you have an entirely different perspective)

AJ

[ June 14, 2004, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.