FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Vote for Starcraft!

Author Topic: Vote for Starcraft!
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
There is a poll for the "Best game of all time" on GameFAQS. The current poll is Starcraft vs. Super Smash Brothers Melee. Vote for Starcraft!
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
If you examine the brackets involved, it appears that a bunch of drippy adolescent console-heads control the vote.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Galaga and Tetris head-to-head in the first round?! They both deserve top seeds!
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
We can't let Starcraft lose to ...to THAT! [Grumble]

Vote Starcraft! [Cool]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... they don't let you vote more than once from a single IP address..

...<evil grin> luckily I work in a whole room full of computers...

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, foo!

It apparently is registering the IP address of the BANK, not the machine, so it doesn't matter who else at work I have go to that site to vote, it says a vote has already been received from this IP address. What a rip!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
I, my self, am going to vote for SSBM, not starcraft. Because I've had many more hours of fun with SSBM than I ever had with starcraft. I am not saying that starcraft is crap, I just prefer fighting over strategy.

[ June 03, 2004, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Mr.Gumby ]

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Die.
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Long live the Protean Conclave!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
SSB is way better than SSB melee! and Starcraft is way better than SSB!
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Starcraft over Super Smash Bros.!?!

Sure Starcraft is fun, but it's just another one of it's genre. Super Smash Bros, however, is the best beat-em up to date.

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going with SSB.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
<nuclear launch detected>
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Nathan. Super Smash Brothers rocks. Starcraft is ultimately forgettable.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree, Jon. Star Craft has a special place in my heart, as it was the first strategy game like that for me. I spent a good deal playing that game, and was my first LAN game. BUT, SSB has characters from other games beating up on each other, four players on one console, not split screen, and was overall addicting, even though I get my butt kicked left and right.

Also, Alex, are you and Sam going to be home at 8 tonight, or is he working?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
Star craft isn't all that great in some ways but what the heck is good about this other game?
*positions 12 cloaked battle cruisers*

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
<defiles battle cruisers>
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone Manga
Member # 6579

- posted      Profile for Stone Manga   Email Stone Manga         Edit/Delete Post 
What a ridiculous poll. I mean seriously, there's four different Zeldas but no civilization. I'm talking about the original, the REAL best game of all time. My civilization playing habits followed the cycles of the moon for like 7 years . . .

Eddited four speling

[ June 03, 2004, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Stone Manga ]

Posts: 16 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Pfft... Where the hell is Oregon Trail? Q-bert?

Yeah, and Duck Hunt sucks. My dad used to kick me off the nintendo so that he could play Duck Hunt. Not good times.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
HAHA Oregon Trail? I used to play that in elementry school back 10+ years ago. Its where you control a wagon(mabey a wagon train) on the way to Oregon. As for Sc vs SSBM I go with SC since its been one of my fv game for longer then SSB but both are bad @$$ games but in a way I hope SSBM wins since then theres no contest between FFVII and it but SC and FFVII hard choice. And how could FFX ahave lost to SSBM that was one of the best FF
Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I disagree, Jon. Star Craft has a special place in my heart, as it was the first strategy game like that for me. I spent a good deal playing that game, and was my first LAN game. BUT, SSB has characters from other games beating up on each other, four players on one console, not split screen, and was overall addicting, even though I get my butt kicked left and right.
See, for me, that special place is occupied by Red Alert. I also love Age of Empires II. Starcraft is okay. I enjoy playing it (not that I've played it in quite some time, though), but it's definitely not my first choice.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... SSBM is a mindless game in which there is a complete derth of fun if you a) play alone or b) play with 3 friends for more than an hour. Any fewer than 3 friends brings you back to negative fun.

Well, that certainly makes my choice easy.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Jon, Red Alert was my first RTS game. [Smile]

I have never played Super Smash Brothers though....

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CO_Titan
Member # 6433

- posted      Profile for CO_Titan   Email CO_Titan         Edit/Delete Post 
They voted against GoldenEye? Ha. By far the best FPS counsole game ever made (Halo may be an exception but was not on brackets). The fact that it lost against Zelda is horrid.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
"What a ridiculous poll. I mean seriously, there's four different Zeldas but no civilization. I'm talking about the original, the REAL best game of all time"

Yep yep yep!
Indeed, The poll is unscientific. Civ da bomb!

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
screw Starcraft (I never could get into it)! I'm voting to SSB when I can get to the site (stupid work proxy servers).
Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Starcraft lost.

Boo.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hmmm... SSBM is a mindless game in which there is a complete derth of fun if you a) play alone or b) play with 3 friends for more than an hour. Any fewer than 3 friends brings you back to negative fun.

Well, that certainly makes my choice easy.

Shut your face, you're wrong.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
does anyoone want to play SC?? right now?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I would but I am at work. I made this request in the past, but when online on battlenet, please hang out in room "hatrack". If I am on I will look for any hatrackers there!
Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
cannot..choose..which...to...vote...for.......head...exploding...*BOOM*
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Someone...LEts play starcraft...right now..US east...
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

How about some real 3d battles! Let's play Homeworld!!
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
BattleNet is extremely lame. Everybody's concerned with their record, and no one will ever go for a 2v6comp with me. It's all 2v2 humans, massing 50 dragoons against 150 marines.

Me, I like the epic, two hour games that are won with only a plagued, parasited carrier with two interceptors and a stolen battlecruiser to finish up.

That said, I'd probably play if I weren't leaving for work soon. But anyone's free to IM FriscoGoneWild if they ever see me online to try and get a game.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
i'm leothecat-OD on starcraft.

od stands for omega-dragoon, which is the clan i'm in. I joined it for all the triviabot's they have.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
I cant decide which one I like more!!!
Starcraft was just SO much fun, tons of strategy, and when you were in a supersmash brothers mood, you could just switch to the use map settings games, and the creativity of ppl is astounding with the plethora of games to play in that section.
But SSB brought all my close friends together for hours and hours...
But now thinking about it SSB is quite tedious after a while...
GO STARCRAFT!!!!

Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.