FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Conspiracy or false?

Author Topic: Conspiracy or false?
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard a lot about the Illuminati, but I have never heard someone who could definitively tell me who they are or what they where doing....STONE HENGE, where the...oops.... off topic sorry. Does anyone know?
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
*fnord*

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
I know, because I've talked to an expert.. Who they are: aliens, in charge of the "masons". What they are doing? No one knows! As nearly as I can gather, You can't resist the aluminati because that is what they want, and if you just passively go along that is also what they want so your only other option, logically speaking is to completely go out of human contact and become an all alone hermit. Interestingly enough, the hippies who know so much about the aluminati, think they are out of the sphere of influence because they do whatever the heck they feel like, but they are actually primarily dependent on other humans, and most would probably not survive as a hermit. Oh by the way in case you didn't know, the lower masons are human beings and they are the ones responsible for building the pyramids and all holidays and in general all the progress of mankind, which is eternally offensive.
Sooo.. The aluminati may(0.000000000000001% chance) exist, but they're the good guys! That's my take. [Smile]

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet you are asking about them because you just read Angels and Demons (the prequel to The Da Vinci Code).

Yes, they did exist (and possibly still do). Use your internet search engine and you can find many references to them. The history channel has a pretty decent special on them and other secret organizations (such as Skull and Bones, the secret demonic society that Bush senior and junior and Kerry are all members of).

How big is their influence today? Who knows.

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I can tell, all of these organizations are fraternal in nature. In other words, they're more about good networking than taking orders from above.
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
"good networking" = nepotism, conspiracy, organized crime.
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think that's a good comparison. In the mafia, you have a clear hierarchy leading up to a Godfather whose power derives from said position. In something like Skull & Bones, members bring power by virtue of positions in the outside world. That they go on to trade favors may not be the fairest scheme in the world, but it's hardly unnatural.
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
i don't think natural tendencies are always the best tendencies, so i hardly find comfort in that.

for instance, i often want to brutally beat many a person. hardly unnatural, but that would not make me a better person nor would it contribute to society whatsoever.
unless i beat bad guys, but that's another argument.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Henry Ford once remarked that if the public United States realized that fewer than 50 people were in charge of ruling the world, that they would most likely openly revolt.

To find a path to the Illuminati, you must start with fraternal organisations and groups that demand secrecy. These are The Masons, The Knights of Malta (awarded by the Roman Catholic Church), JINSA, and The Trilateral Commision.

Interestingly, many media personalities like Tom Brokaw and Peter Jennings attend Trilateral Commision mettings, but will not devulge the contents of ANYTHING that was discussed.

But these aforementioned groups are supposedly controlled by layers of control. Actually more like layers upon layers of control. This is one reason why the pyramid icon is so symbolic of the Illuminati, the higher you go in the importance of this, the more control there is and the fewer the number of people who share that level of control.

Most historians believe that the Illuminati that are called by the above name originated in Europe behind Adam Weisapt, and embedded themselves in secret societies of historical Europe. One of these groups is the Masons, also called the Freemasons, who supposedly have suppressed knowledge from Biblical times preceeding Jesus Christ.

This is where much of the confusion sets in concerning the Illuminati. I believe that there were various secrect sects predating the Illuminati such as the Knights Templar, The Teutonic Knights (of which Hitler admired), The Hospitalars of St John, etc...that became eventual enemies of the Holy Roman Empire and went underground within organisations like the Freemasons. Understandably, 99% of Freemasons have no idea what the core ideologies of their organisation even stands for. I, being raised Catholic, was always warned not to join the Freemasons, and Freemasons are most likely instructed not to let Catholics join. This is most likely due to the fact that the Catholic Church and the Freemasons are bitter enemies.

From the many books I have read on the subject, there are wide and varying claims. One author claims that there is a hidden bloodline that runs throughout the "Royal" families of Europe and can trace their lineage before Abraham all the way to Adam and Eve. This lineage also descends directly from Jesus Christ. Another set of beliefs claims that this hidden bloodline is actually of alien and even "shape-shifting, reptilian, alien" bloodlines and is the secrect society that calls itself the Priory of Scion and other conglomerate names like the Illuminati. However, you will find no one to interview and no one to confess to belonging to such an organisation.

I recommend books by Laurence Gardner and David Icke. They are the most shocking and the most sensational.

I also warn that not a word of them may be true, but they make for fascinating reading.

I find the subject of the Illuminati fascinating obviously, and I would like to believe it is all true, but I am also a realist. I would point out however, that the Illuminati loves to supposedly play both sides of a situation whether it be war, politics or any other arrangement that can be controlled. When a person looks at how many of these lines are drawn, it does seem very very alarming.

I would say more, but there is a knocking at my door and I am not expecting any guests..

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone here ever played the game Illuminati?

It's quite fun.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

quote:
i don't think natural tendencies are always the best tendencies, so i hardly find comfort in that.
The comfort lies in their predictability. No mafia structure = no hidden puppetteer. It's just a bunch of rich old guys getting together to drink single-malt whiskeys and scratch each others' backs as heterosexually as possible. Figure out what policies would bring mutual benefit to Tom Brokaw and George Bush and you have your answer.

Short version of the last 3 posts: I have never seen evidence that secret societies confer power that their members didn't already have. If they give (say) Bush too much influence, then that simply means our Constitution is too permissive.

Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
fnord!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
We had lots of fun with Illuminati :New World Order ( the CCG).

Have you read the Illuminatis! Trilogy?

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I have subjegated the world in both Illuminati and Illuminati NWO.

My last successful deck in NWO is the Network. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I've had the best success with gnomes of zurich, mainly because they'res always good money-making cards that no one else can use for their victory condition (unless it's a full game).

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PhilipTraum
Member # 6331

- posted      Profile for PhilipTraum   Email PhilipTraum         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
One of these groups is the Masons, also called the Freemasons, who supposedly have suppressed knowledge from Biblical times preceeding Jesus Christ.
Indeed.

You gotta love David Icke. I wonder if the Reptillians invented Ackam's Razor to blind the masses?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
Alucard,

Thank you for your post. I hope you are still ok...lol. Taht was informative.
quote:
I believe that there were various secrect sects predating the Illuminati such as the Knights Templar
I always thought the Knights Templer had another purpose besides creating military units in Civ3!
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
I played illuminati once.

This group's name is a fair translation of illuminati

I was really freaked out by the prominence of "Civil Society" in W's inaugural speech.

I thought it was funny that when that movie was made about the Skull and [cross] bones, they couldn't name it that because the title of the secret society is trademarked.

Then there's "The Queen, The Vatican, The Rothschild's, The Getty's, and Colonel Sanders (before he went tets up)"

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Deus Ex is also very helpful on this subject.

Okay, no. But it kicks much FPS gaming buttocks.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.