FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The best news I've heard all day!

Author Topic: The best news I've heard all day!
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently some time recently the band Creed broke up. As I hate Creed with a passion(and there's very few things in the world that i can say that about) this brings joy to my heart.

Note: 7 Creed fans were harmed during the making of this post.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Creed has been de-creed.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is a time to use this.

[Party]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Absofreakinglutely.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwan
Member # 6194

- posted      Profile for gwan   Email gwan         Edit/Delete Post 
This only bothers me mildly but Polio will cry.
Posts: 197 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
there *is* a god. [Cool]
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
hehehe
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what this means, all of the stupid tasteless mourning DJ's are going to play the band's songs that much more on the radio in memoriam for a while. It's bad enough to hear them wafting through the air as it is from another car.

Hopefully they burn out on it soon.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny. I only got bad news today.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
STOP SPEAKING FOR ME YOU BIG JERKFACE. Actually, I did enjoy them, but after you hear one CD you've heard them all. Anyway, I'm pleased to inform you that they are all moving toward either solo projects or joining other bands. [Taunt]
Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

As long as those other bands go nowhere and their solo projects bomb, I have no problem with that.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yah, but the lead singer is now working on a collaborative album titled "Songs Inspired by Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ"

Bleh.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As long as those other bands go nowhere and their solo projects bomb, I have no problem with that.
Of course. How dare anybody enjoy something that you don't like! [Razz]

I don't even know anything about Creed, except for the fact that I recognize the name. [Dont Know]

[ June 07, 2004, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yah, but the lead singer is now working on a collaborative album titled "Songs Inspired by Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ"
Ugh.

I think I speak for everybody when I say that if anybody should make one of those albums, it should be KISS.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

quote:
How dare anybody enjoy something that you don't like!
I do hope everyone understands this is all in good fun. Well, not my hate for Creed. That is passionate and runs deep within my veins and it really does bring me joy that there will be no new Creed songs that I have to listen to on the radio. And if i'm lucky enough the old ones will eventually stop getting airplay also, and my life will be tranquil once more.

I am by no means telling anyone who *does* like Creed that they shouldn't like them, I'm just voicing my feelings on the matter. [Smile]

Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Creed sang that song Daughter right?
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
::laughs:: Poor Human will be bereft. [Wink]
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Ummm...Pearl Jam, Ben? unless you're thinking of a different song. or trying to be funny. in which case I missed it. [Razz]

Pixie, I thought the same thing while making the thread. But I haven't seen him post in a while, is he still around?

[ June 07, 2004, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, damn. i always get those two confused.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
*sighs* I kind of liked Creed. They weren't my favorite band, but they were fun to listen to, and whether they meant it or not, some of their songs perfectly expressed my feelings when I was broke last. "Six feet from the edge..."
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my friends has that Creed symbol tattoed on her ankle.

*snicker*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
let's go beat her up.
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I think the tattoo is punishment enough.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.