FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Which Harry Potter Character Are You? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Which Harry Potter Character Are You?
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
And why?

No, I don't have a link to a cutesy quiz that'll tell you. You have to decide on your own. Oh, come on, you've read the books, you love the characters, which one is the most like you?

I claimed Hermoine on another thread, which is a lot of me now. At her age, though, I was more of a Harry in odd little ways. Not that I was at all brave, but I certainly was behind the crowd on figuring out how the world worked. Teachers either loved or hated me. I always hated being called on in class (still do), and I certainly took action when I didn't agree with the administration.

Who are you?

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the muggle aunt
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
In school? A female Lupin, I think. With a wild crush on Sirius Black. Smart, often quiet, a little fragile.

My best friend was, and I hate to say it, Pansy Parkinson. She taught me everything I knew about being a flippy, flirty, ruthless girl. Man, that was fun.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Neville. Definitely.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Ron. I love Hermione, and I want to be Harry, but I wind up having to spend most of my time apologizing for my family and making jokes almost no one gets. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I have this great feeling I'd be... like, Mrs. Weasley because I have this overwhelmingly huge mothering impulse... But I dunno, I'm not quite that anxious.

I'd like to think that I'd be something like Hermione, generally going along with it, but fretting about the rules and trying to keep the others in order.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
im sirius black he rox

::winks at katharina::

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rudolph
Member # 3236

- posted      Profile for Rudolph           Edit/Delete Post 
cedric diggory

everyone thinks i'm cool and sexy, but i get screwed in the end

Posts: 217 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

I think a good argument could be made that the character I am most like is Snape.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've seen, I'd have to say Snape.

My wife tells me, however, that I know little of what the character is capable of, and I won't see the third movie till this weekend.

One day I may actually read those books, but they are low on my reading priority at the moment.

I do admire Rowling's plotting, however. She is very creative.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Probaly Lupin. He's a mellow fellow with a wild side.
Or Harry or Hermione. Hermione because in school and even now I can be seen carrying stacks of books and walking around the house with a book in my hand I can't put down long enough to eat.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

- posted      Profile for thrak   Email thrak         Edit/Delete Post 
Fred... or maybe George. Never can tell them apart.
Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
duh, Voldemort. I have to say why? ... I hide in the shadows, and I'm evil. enough?
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
Considering the number of practical jokes I've played in my life, I'm either Fred or George (I'll take either, they are written as interchangeable).

I still love ten ton tongue! I can't wait for the special effects with that in the next movie.

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Prof McGonagall.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

I think I should add that the similarity between myself and Snape will only hold up if he does indeed turn out to be someone who, despite some dark inner demons, has decided to use his powers for good.

And, of course, the similarity will only hold up if that turns out to be true about me as well. [Wink]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

sndrake, that makes me wonder...what character would you like to be?

I'd like to be Ginny Weasley. She's so cool.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, this thread was my idea! I just didn't make it. Bother my ineptitude.

I am Lily Evans/Potter, Harry's mother. I know it's somewhat presumtuous (sp?) to say this, based on the short period of time that she is in the books, but...

I consider myself very fair, and I hate people putting other "weaker" people down; I will stand up for the underdog. However, I am swept up by the extremely self-assured and intelligent, and although I do not like breaking the rules I love the spirit of it.

I'm not as bright as Lily Evans though. She gets higher marks [Wink] .

In that way, I feel like Lily Evans.

EDIT: No typy English.

[ June 09, 2004, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
None. I'm much different from everyone.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Crookshanks
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

hey, bev, when we did harry potter mafia, i was a cat. i got to say cool things like, "Oh! A shiny!" i don't think i was much of a crookshanks, though.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hagrid.

1) I tend to stand out in crowds, and am OK with being by myself.

2) I have a big mouth about secrets.

3) I'm just that lovable guy that you can visit or talk to.

4) I'm sooo misunderstood. ::cries:: [Wink]

5) My dog is all bark and no bite.

Or maybe I'm totally off and I'm just Neville Longbottom. Or Nearly Headless Nick. Yeah, thats it. I'm Nick. I'm just sort of there.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably Mrs. Weasly. Ugh, it just irks me to say that.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm definitly Mrs. Weasly. Messy, big heart, love naughty boys.(not in the wrong way, in the teacher of naughty boys kind of way)

But I am madly in love with Sirius Black.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
sndrake, that makes me wonder...what character would you like to be?

Celia,

Interesting question. I would really love to spend a couple days as one of the Beasley twins, but would probably grow bored with it.

I think I'd probably like being Dumbledore best. Dealing with contentious jerks, petty infighting, etc. while trying to engage in something bigger is something I already do.

But I don't do it like Dumbledore. I do it more like Snape finding himself in the role and trying to deal with it as Dumbledore would and not being equipped to do so.

I'd want to be Dumbledore - with his inner core and calm. And strength. And humor.

(Being able to kick serious butt is a plus too)

[Smile]

Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
Snape. Dark, intelligent, tall, talk funny, but I'm a generally good guy, even though I can be a jerk.
Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
Can rearrange (ala Chamber of Secrets) "sndrake" to be "Dr. Snake."

Hmmm...must be a Slytherin.

[Big Grin]

fil

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Fil.

Rearrange, add an "e" and we have "life." The opposite of life is death. Therefore, Fil=Voldemort

Voldefil.

Nice try trying to trick us, but your e-vile( or efil) has been revealed.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd probably be most like someone in Ravenclaw, but she doesn't spend a lot of time fleshing out any Ravenclaws...

Tom, I always pictured you as more of a Tom Riddle. =)

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm told I'm a bit more like Hermione than the others...although I have a near-death count that almost matches Harry's...
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely Ginny Weasley. I always had the crush on the really cool guys, and was pretty sure I wasn't good enough to be in the same room with anyone. Not sure I would have had the courage to do anything with the book, tho. I'd have been too certain of getting into trouble about it.

That's why I couldn't possibly have been an Hermione. Too many opportunities to break the rules and get caught.

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Thanks, Elizabeth.

For a minute there, I thought my cover was blown.

Uh, oops. Wait a minute. [Blushing]

I mean, I was afraid people might actually take fil's foolishness seriously. Phew.

(No, that really IS a wand in my pocket)

[ June 09, 2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... I'm not attractive enough to be Sirius, but his unpredictability and rashness definitely hits close to the mark. Somewhere between him and Tom Riddle.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Cornelius Fudge. Ya gotta love that guy. I'm for the reason him because no one else picked him. I guess that says something about who I am.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherdess
Member # 6115

- posted      Profile for Shepherdess   Email Shepherdess         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if we're picking people who haven't been chosen yet, I'll have to say Umbridge. Just kidding! She is honestly one of the creepiest characters I've ever met in a book.

In all seriousness, though, I'd like to be Hermione, but I lack her adventurous Gryffindor natue, so I guess I'm a Ravenclaw Hermione.

Posts: 107 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I might be Luna Lovegood. I have a bad habit of saying random things that confuse people and make them make this face- [Confused]
I also laugh very hard over really silly little things. Like at my Americorps job the words Man panties could send me into hysterics.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I hated Umbridge. Reading about her made me want to stop reading the damn book altogether and throw it across the room. I was upset that she survived.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

10 bucks says she'll be back, and get whats coming to her. Probably in the 7th book, unfortunately. Unless JK wants to make a point that even the mean and nasty people survive in the end.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

10 bucks says she wasn't even part of the original outline, and Rowling forgets all about her. [Wink]

Offer only good for the poster above.

[ June 14, 2004, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm totally Harry. I'm angry and bitter at the world and, while I can pull off the rare grand gesture of friendship, I'm by-and-large completely self-centered.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

She probably wasn't part of it, but you know as well as I do that nobody really likes her and EVERYONE wants to see her get whats coming. I would GLADLY pay for a copy of whatever book where she runs into the back of a manure truck, causing the entire load to dump on her.
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a slightly bossy know-it-all with frizzy hair.

Never did get asked out by Viktor Krum, but I'd like to think I end up with the cute, slighty goofy redhead boy [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I was totally Hermione (brainy, self-directed type -A personality) and totally annoying to people.

Now, I think I'm more like Snape in that people seldom know where I'm coming from and I have lost the desire to be liked.

I'm most LIKE to be... Lucious Malfoy, even though I know he's gonna get it REALLY bad in the end. I love villians.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

How about instead of manure, the truck is full of knives? Or lava? Or a bunch of really angry, finnicky cats?
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Why not centaurs?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm more of a Hermione in that I want everyone around me to do well and succeed...and I nag them. [Smile]

I also WILL break the rules if I have someone there to talk me into it.

I think that Lupin was like Hermione when he was a student and this makes me happy...cause I want to be a teacher like Lupin and I think that I am.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm most like Fluffy. I don't say much, I look scary (particularly in the morning), and I fall asleep to music.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm a lazy Hermione. I'm scared to break the rules, but I will if the time is right, or I just think they're silly, like her. Stupid people, or people who are smart but don't think annoy me, which reminds me of how she reacts to Divination. The nature of her friendship with Harry and Ron reminds is totally me- I love people to death, but I always tell them when they're being stupid. And I don't keep a tally book of who owes who what, I don't think that's true friendship.

On the other hand, I don't have the self motivation or the work ethic she has. While I get fairly good grades, I'm not usually the top of the class, and that's ok with me. I do love to learn about almost everything though, same as she does, and I'm very book oriented.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Harry. Because my 3/4 (?) year old nephew says so. Even though my youth is long gone, I guess I still have the Harry look.
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.