FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you're grumpy and you know it clap your hands

Author Topic: If you're grumpy and you know it clap your hands
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
...around someone else's neck.

Just kidding. But I am grumpy, and have been for 2 whole days. See? [Embarrassed]
How do you get yourself out of a irrationally bad mood? And if you smile at me I'll hurt you.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
now I'm even more grumpy because I added the wrong stupid face. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

There.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*stamps feet*
*claps hands vigorously*
*twirls widdershins three time and sticks tongue out at the world in general*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I know exactly how you feel. I find that the best way to stop being grumpy is to do something that makes you happy.

I usually go out and make impulse purchases of tools/electronics. Usually, this means my checking account balance shrinks, but hey if it makes you happy, then it's all good right? [Big Grin]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Or my latest thing. Two words: Punching. Bag.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Would love to clap my hands around his neck... Oh, what fun that would be.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I always found just flipping off the world in general helps.

I'm sure Mack will back me up on this...

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely. Isn't anything better for expressing anger at the world than a one-fingered-wave.

Put put the middle finger on EACH hand UP! [Wink]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to blog ... but now that someone I actually know IRL has emailed me and I know this person actually reads my blog, I edit what I say. So, it's not as effective a stress-relieving tool as it used to be. Maybe I'll invent a new nick and blog more anonymously.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
punching bags are AWESOME. my body has totally gone through a weird chemistry change this year.

these past several months i have had the worst pms i have ever had. i am talking meeeeeean.
someone will ask me to pick something up and i snap. i yell and throw things and slam doors and get angry at sounds. i know it is ridiculous, even when i am yelling, but i simply can not stop.

i have a feeling this month's will be a doozy thanks to my recent surprise weight gain and crap-for-crap hair and my anxiety over moving.
uuuugh. depressed.

[ June 10, 2004, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: porcelain girl ]

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
*clap, clap*

Take a nap with lots of pillows and a fluffy comforter.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
*claps hands*

*stomps feet*

*turns around*

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble]

Who's making all that racket down here?!?

[Grumble] Kwea [Wall Bash]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
You know how hard it is to clap with your middle fingers sticking out???!!! Ow!

Grumpier,

Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Loud. Classic. Rock.

[Big Grin]

Why, just yesterday, I ended my day at work by listening to S&G's "Cecillia" cranked up to 500dB. I dare you not to be smiling by the end of the song!!

Doo doo doodooloodoo doo doo doodooloodoo dee dee dee deeeeeee pick it up pick it up.... JUBILLAAAAATION.....

[Smile]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been so angry lately myself. At first I thought it was PMS... Now I don't know what it is that is making me so filled with rage.
Unless it's a combination of things.
I hate getting angry. The other day I was ranting around the house looking for my keys. I got so mad I slammed my arm into the wall and it turned out the keys were in my pocket.
I dislike getting that angry, as I have slammed my arm against the wall on several occasions. It will be embarassing if I break my arm that way.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
The majority of the posters to this thread are female.

Hmm.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Clearly they're spending too much time together.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

The plural of anecdote is not data.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The plural of anecdote is not data.
Unless, of course, you're a professional who gets to publish his or her personal anecdote - and renaming it a "case study." [Razz]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Ok, done being grumpy now. But it did make me feel better to know that I wasn't the only one. Perhaps next time I'm grumpy I'll lead a hatrack mob and we'll go looting or something.

space opera

Scott R
Member # 567

Can I fence the stuff for you after you loot it?
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Yes, but only if you scowl a lot.

space opera

skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if I get angry so much as crabby and nihilistic. When I have PMS, I feel much like what I once would have labelled suicidal. I think they have a special classification of PMDD. But all the sites I've checked on it seemed to be hawking Prozac.

When I feel this way and I know this is why, I can just ignore it for a few days and it tends to go away.

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
i had to go find this thread so i could share the fact that i started crying simply because my new can of hairspray wasn't spraying.

i had to go sit down because i felt like i was going to throw up.

give me a P, give me an M...

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*gives porce some chocolate*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
*Raises hand*

I'm grumpy. It's almost 100 degrees F here and I'm trying to get over a head cold. Also, I'm bored to tears because there is nothing to do here.

Can I scream now?

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
sure!

If you're grumpy and you know it, invite an invective from fallow.

*here to pleeze* - (on bended knees)

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
to wit: e.g. re: LMA's little prob.

"It's hot, so hot, that it's too hot to trot... or do anything besides that."

answer: "trot a different course, of course, of course!"

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought that the song was:

"If you're happy and you know it crap your pants...."

No wonder the other kids stayed away from me in elementary school!

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
maybe if you're grumpy, the footy footy footy song will cheer you up.
footy footy footy
brainwashing works...

Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
There are NO happy people allowed in this thread , , , , [Wall Bash] [Mad] [Grumble]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not so much grumpy as feeling argumentative.
Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Grumpy as hell here... [Grumble]
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.