FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Please help - video file conversion question

Author Topic: Please help - video file conversion question
BrianM
Member # 5918

- posted      Profile for BrianM   Email BrianM         Edit/Delete Post 
Recently my son emailed me a video of my grandson talking for one of his very first times, only the video was taken with a simple IBM webcam. I have it saved on my computer as a .exe file and it plays alright with windows media player. We have a DVD player attached to our main TV in the living room that plays MPEGS and AVIs but it will not play this file. Is there any way to convert this file to an MPEG or an AVI?
Posts: 369 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
The only way i know is to put the video through a capture program/device. But I am not very expert.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie Mayhem
Member # 6203

- posted      Profile for Annie Mayhem   Email Annie Mayhem         Edit/Delete Post 
You could try this:

http://www.brothersoft.com/Multimedia_Graphics_Video_Conversion_Fx_Video_Converter_20561.html

(Assuming the file's a compatible format. There are video converters all over the Web. Your best bet might be to ask your son to look up what format the webcam puts 'em in, then go from there).

-=AM=-

Posts: 21 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misha McBride
Member # 6578

- posted      Profile for Misha McBride           Edit/Delete Post 
Nero can convert (and burn to disc) video files so that you can play them on your DVD player.
Posts: 262 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.