FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Vivent les Bleus!

Author Topic: Vivent les Bleus!
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
France beats England 2-1

I'd like to see the footy badgers take on Zidane [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
So....that is only soccer.

Real sports will start next month when the NFL teams all go to training camp.

February thru June is the big sports drought of the year. I need my Dallas Cowboys fix.

By this time of year, I'm even willing to watch the San Diego Chargers play agains the Arizona/Phoenix Cardinals!

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

No, see you've got your footballs mixed up. Perhaps you need a few hours at football badgers.com
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Garick
Member # 6619

- posted      Profile for Garick   Email Garick         Edit/Delete Post 
The Lakers will come back. It's not over.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

You people are killing me! That's it. I'm expatriating.
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Lakers will come back. It's not over.
Look, I like the Lakers as much as the next person, and quite a lot more than many. Been a fan every since the days when Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West were still playing. But, as much as I'd like to believe that the Lakers could still pull it out, I'm afraid that it just isn't going to happen this year. [Frown]
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Garick
Member # 6619

- posted      Profile for Garick   Email Garick         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep hope alive.. keep hope alive. [Wink]
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. I'll keep clapping my hands. After all, it worked for Tinkerbelle. [Wink]
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble] I wanted England to win...
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess it's ironic that the only French here doesn't care.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

You mean you're not a secret Zizou fan, Anna? [Razz] Are you sure you never paint your face like the tricouleur?
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
It's about time France showed up on the international stage... That World Cup showing was dreadful.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yes I'm sure ! There's too many people here who get drunk watching football and then go in the streets with their cars and klaxon like mad at 11 PM or more each time France or their club win anyhting. If it wasn't the case I would just not care about this sport, but giving that it annoys me, I guess. I should do the same each time a writer I like writes a book [Razz] or each time I break my own jogging or swimming record.

[ June 15, 2004, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Ha ha! That's a great idea. Let's all go driving through the streets screaming when the next OSC book comes out.
[ROFL]

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Two years ago a Spaniard told me how good he felt when they got beaten by the Koreans. I was kind of puzzled at first, but than he told me he wasn't a football fan, and if they would have won - or gone near winning - the championship all everybody would have talked about was football... So yeah, Anna, I understand what you're saying.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.