FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Want a hummer? Think again. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Want a hummer? Think again.
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Prius.... ::drool::
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
My usual route to work is 7.5 miles. It takes me 35-40 minutes to bike in (depending of lights) and 30-35 to bike home (it is slightly down hill riding home).
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Van Pelt
Member # 5767

- posted      Profile for John Van Pelt   Email John Van Pelt         Edit/Delete Post 
Garick wrote:
quote:
the Hummer is like the ultimate wet-dream fantasy of a survivalist!
Ironic, considering that when it comes time to "survive," there ain't gonna be no GAS.

Or maybe that's the point -- you could live in one, up to the hubcaps in dandelions.

Posts: 431 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
* Envisions a post-apocolyptic world with "Hummer Parks" instead of "trailer parks"*
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob-- I couldn't agree with you more.

One of the things that I detest about Northern Virginia is the bedfellowing between developers and city councils/county supervisors. Despite the public outcry against it, the council members are consistently not held responsible for their contribution to sprawl at election time.

I'd be thrilled to be able to ride my bike to work. At the present time, the only way that that's feasible is if I want to work for the county (and believe me, any time I see an IT type job open up, I apply for it), or if I take a job at the 7-11.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.