FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help pH be creative!

Author Topic: Help pH be creative!
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I have to do this paper on a new product or something that you come up with, which apparently can be based on a modification of an existing product. The problem is, I want to do something with an mp3 player, but I can't think of any modifications that haven't already been created. So, what do you wish your mp3 player could do? What other features do you wish it had?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I would wish that my MP3 player was a SHN player, instead, or a BitTorrent player. Could you make a player for those formats?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

*stare* A what now?

I mean, I guess I could...I could make it anything, really. But I dun understand what you mean.

[ June 19, 2004, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: pH ]

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

They are different(and better) than the MP3 download format, but I don't think there are players for them. Mediaplay or Winamp now has a SHN player you can download, but it would be cool to have one to walk around with, and not have to burn evereything to a cd.

(You can play a SHN file on your computer, but not on your cd player)

Info about these formats can be found here: www.etree.org

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Ooooh, very cool.

the best I've come up with so far has been a digital camera/mp3 player...sort of a digital media portable...thing.

Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
portable WMA/MP3/CD/AAC/SHN player *drools* I'd buy.... even though my laptop is pretty much that, lol...
Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Ogg!
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I think there should be more power tools with built in mp3 players.

<gives chin a serious-looking rub>

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
A stupidity filtration system for anybody that has to work with customers over the phone. Just a small Q&A and blood pressure test.

And, as I said in chat, portable vinyl. I know three people off the top of my head that'd buy one, and I'm way tired right now. Three's pretty impressive.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
You know how on cell phones you can purchase games through it's wireless ability, and also how with some music-downloading programs you can purchases individual songs?

Well make an mp3 player that has a wireless ability (wherever you'd get service, like verizon and stuff) so you can tap into the music-downloading place and download/pay for whatever songs you desire without having to download them onto your computer and then onto your mp3 player. You could be on vacation without a laptop, hear a new song you like, then just enter it on your mp3 player and purchase it.

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love a wireless MP3 Player that could automatically download and erase songs stuck in my head.

I mean, do I really need to be singing "Fish Heads" for 12 hours straight? No I say, NO!!!!

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

*LOL* These are great ideas! Oh, man. Thanks, you guys. [Kiss]

[ June 20, 2004, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: pH ]

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Fish heads are never seen in Italian restaurants drinking cappacino with Oriental women...

Yeah.

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ooh, how about earrings that are snazzy, and play music? Like little tiny Bose speakers?
pH
Member # 1350

No one has a wireless mp3 player out yet? That surprises me for some reason.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, I want to combine my PDA/Cell Phone/MP3 player/USB keychain into one device.

Then, I want it to transform into a robot and battle those meddlesome autobots. [Evil]

[ June 20, 2004, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
How about one of those breakdancing Decepticons that plays mp3s, is a cellphone, and has a sidejob as a toaster, nights and weekends, for minimum wages? >_>
Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.