FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Happy Father's day to the single, custodial moms

Author Topic: Happy Father's day to the single, custodial moms
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
I spent several years as a single, custodial Dad with a deadbeat ex-wife. I always appreciated the joke when someone told me Happy Mother's Day, because I knew it was true. I had to be both mom and dad and put in lots of overtime for the kids.

So, a Happy Father's Day to all of the single, custodial moms out there who have to do both roles for their kids. May you receive the blessings you so richly deserve for doing double duty for your kids.

[ June 20, 2004, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Jalapenoman ]

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, good one!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice thought.

I concur.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
The MC at the Gay Pride block party last night said the exact same thing. She wished "Happy Father's Day" to all the fathers in the audience, then "Happy Father's Day to all the mothers who had to be mother and father to their kids". I thought it was a cool sentiment, too.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

This thread should say something to "Mr. Mom's" too. They do everything, and are undervalued.

Happy Mr. Mom's Day!

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
And, for the gay dads in the group:

Happy Fathers' Day.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

[ROFL]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Well said. [Smile]

Happy Father's' Day

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elphie
Member # 6535

- posted      Profile for Elphie   Email Elphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Father's Day to me!

Happy Father's Day to you!

My Wish: May all us single mommies (and daddies) have a wonderful, loving, happy holiday, despite being innundated (sp?) with loving two parent family media and marketing.

Sorry, had a bad moment today when somelady in the grocery asked my two year old if he got his Daddy a card. I said that it was just mommy and Sean...and she looked right at Sean and said "Oh, now that isn't right!" Sean then turned and looked up at me and said, "Daddy?". Grrr...just when I think i'm doing good and the guilt is subsiding...

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
I was unable to take my son to church on Mother's Day for years. People would stand up and say how wonderful mothers are and what wonderful things they did for us, and his is/was a scumbag who abandoned her family. My son would start crying and I would have to take him home.

His step mother is doing brilliantly in filling the role and he hugged her and was all over her on Mother's Day. He made her multiple presents and sent multiple e-cards.

I know all about your painful experience in the grocery store, because I have gone through several similar experiences.

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.