FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Would you hire this man?

Author Topic: Would you hire this man?
michaele8
Member # 6608

- posted      Profile for michaele8   Email michaele8         Edit/Delete Post 
http://alienetworks.com/kres.cfm

With qualifications like these... [ROFL]

Posts: 232 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Biased political antihumor.

Only thing that can save it is a gay train.

[The Wave]

All aboard.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

Gay train? If it wants to get married then I guess it would hire the guy! [Big Grin]
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianM
Member # 5918

- posted      Profile for BrianM   Email BrianM         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't even like John Kerry that much but I have to say that there are more than 10 factual blatant inaccuracies on that page.
Posts: 369 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

Interesting. Could you list them?

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Everytime the gay train gets posted and referred to as such, it annoys me because I have no clue where they're going. I mean, at first I assume it's to the disco ( [Party] ), but then I feel guilty for stereotyping. So I try to come up with something else, but if I'm not stereotyping, it could be practically everything. But that's silly, 'cause they couldn't go to everything since lots of everything contradicts other parts of everything.

Also, which direction are they actually going? Is the wave effect caused by the wind or a bump, and they're going east? Or are they taking shifts to call for help, and they're falling? Or could that just be an odd reflection and unrelated to their direction or velocity?

Now I'll be up all night. Again.

[ June 21, 2004, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Stuff like that might convince lesser lifeforms but this is HATRACK. I don't think you'll be able to convince anyone through childish propaganda.

And I don't want you complaining about Michael Moore when his movie comes out. You're just as bad as him.

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianM
Member # 5918

Corrections to that propaganda

1. He didn't vote to cut every defense/CIA/etc. bill. Total crap.

2. Kerry actually spoke out against Fonda at one point especially after her infamous televised giving away of POWs attempting to contact home.

3. He only threw away some of his medals and someone else's who was unable to physically do it.

4. He graduated from Yale with a B+ average, or higher as I recal.

5. Bush was the one who got the low C average in undergrad and flunked his first attempt at graduate school.

6. He didn't insult Vietnam vets -- its not an insult when your telling the truth about some people. He never slandered US troops there as a whole.

7. What's funny is the article actually tried claiming he voted against any bill with defense spending, but yet voted for the first Iraq War resolution which had improv. funding approvals written in it.

8. He intends to lower taxes if elected. Reason for this being the lower and middle class tax cuts combined with the 5% reduction of the median coorporate tax rate will result in a net-tax cut.

9. He has made numerous charitable contributions to Amnesty international and other organizations.

10. He is for drilling in ANWR.

You want another 10 corrections? because I saw 10 more as I was writing these.

[ June 21, 2004, 04:07 AM: Message edited by: BrianM ]

Posts: 369 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Michaele (Michael?), this sort of thing fits the same role as, say, the Cannot Find Weapons of Mass Destruction page. It's funny to the True Believers, it offends opponents, and does absolutely nothing to convince anybody. I don't have a problem with you posting this sort of thing (others might--I don't speak for anyone here but myself). In fact, I'm not a huge fan of Kerry. However, this is so obviously biased that I can't take it as a source of accurate information. It it useless except as humor, and it's not exactly the height of wit at that. What I do have a problem with is that you seem to take this 'resume' seriously and expect us to do so as well. Don't insult our intelligence, please.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

1) And Bill Clinton didn't try to seduce every intern he ever met.

2)Fonda and John Kerry:

http://www.greenberet.net/kerry/editorials/Garlock.html

3) Strange, he only threw someone else's medals over the fense, and saved his own. Get the cheer of the radicals without parting with any of your own possessions.

4) Not sure about his grades in college -- and actually the only grade I am truly concerned with is the F grade the NRA gave him based on his votes.

5) So, uh, who actually has a graduate degree? Bush or Kerry?

6) So why did the North Vietnamese adore him so much?

7) I'll give you that one, he voted to go to war with Iraq as well as bomb Serbia.

8) I can't believe you actually mean that! Would you vote for Dracula because he would promise to protect young virgins? Gotta look at the records.

9) Yeah, I've heard about some of the organizations his wife supports. Oh, and I would not consider his support of AI all that noteworthy.

10) "Possible 2004 Democratic presidential hopefuls John Kerry of Massachusetts and Joseph Lieberman of Connecticut, who have vowed to filibuster any attempt to drill in the refuge, are scheduled to speak."

http://www.planetark.org/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/15538/newsDate/18-Apr-2002/story.htm

Find your other 10 and we can continue playing! [Big Grin]

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
And he will henceforth be known as the "Anti-Whiteshoes".

Seriously, mikey dude, come play in the gray area. It's where all the cool people hang.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

Shigosei,

If you look at the original post you will notice the Graemlin I posted. This was meant to be a funny look at Kerry originally. Political in the same sense as a political cartoon.

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, then, sorry for misinterpreting your intentions!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

Tis okay. [Wave]
BrianM
Member # 5918

Sorry Michael8, but you have proven yourself to be a true troll, please stop polluting hatrack with this stuff. You don't even care that you attempted to seriously post lies and slander. Your second post is full of them too but given the nature of some of the responses in it you're not likely to admit to them either. Adieu.

[ June 21, 2004, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: BrianM ]

A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, I think Frisco has a point ... If we let Lalo stay, we let michaele stay, even if he's annoying. You don't have to click his threads, you know.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

BrianM, I'm willing to admit when I am wrong, please show me where -- especially in my post where I responded to you.

[ June 21, 2004, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: michaele8 ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I don't want you complaining about Michael Moore when his movie comes out. You're just as bad as him.
I can still complain about his movie when it comes out, can't I? [Big Grin]

I mean, assuming I want to.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"BrianM, I'm willing to admit when I am wrong..."

Oddly, just now, when ten corrections were in fact pointed out, you did not do that. Perhaps if you were to start by admitting you were wrong in this thread, I might believe you. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

Which?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Start from the top, michaele8. Rather than rationalizing each point as it was addressed, just admit that, yeah, the author exaggerated, hid inconvenient truths, and outright fibbed (as appropriate).

I've never seen you do this. In fact, I haven't seen you admit that you were wrong YET -- and you've been wrong fairly often, so far. In fact, most of the political threads you've started die once you stop replying to people who correctly point out the flaws in your arguments.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.