FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I've heard of being on the same wave length, but this is spooky.

Author Topic: I've heard of being on the same wave length, but this is spooky.
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
It's my 1st wedding anniversary today.

We plan on going somewhere Saturday night, alone, without any kids, to celebrate.

To celebrate today, I bought him a card and a Sponge Bob Pez dispenser to add to his massive collection. (He wanted that Pez like beer dispenser they had on the Labatt Blue beer commercial. I'm not sure that's available, believe me, I've searched.)

I handed him his card this morning and he surprised me with a card as well.

We opened them.

We both immediately started laughing.

We picked the same card.

I still can't believe it. How many times does that happen to a person?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Once. So now you have to be extra cautious crossing the street.

Congratulations on one year!

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Spookily cool! Congrats, and have a great night!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Tammy, congrats!

My friend's husband gave her the same card two years in a row. Now that wasn't so cool. ha ha.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
What would be really weird is if both your cards had been handmade. [Angst]

Happy anniversary!

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Was the card a piece of paper with two slits cut in it?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom and I once sent each other singing telegrams for Valentine's day. I tried to send mine back, telling them they were supposed to go see my husband! The worst part is that mine came first so I couldn't call him without ruining the surprise.

Congratulations! Happy anniversary!

[ June 21, 2004, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Christy ]

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Dagonee - You know I can't remember the last time I crossed a street. [Confused] I need to get out more.

Rivka - Thanks Sweetie!

Elizabeth - Did he give her the same card? Or one just like it? Oh dear!

advice for robots - [Eek!] That would have been wierd.

Bob the Lawyer - Um..no. No slits. [Confused]

Christy - That's hilarious!

Thanks guys!!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherdess
Member # 6115

- posted      Profile for Shepherdess   Email Shepherdess         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Tammy!

Do you have any frozen wedding cake to eat? (I never did quite understand that tradition)

Posts: 107 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
Do you have any frozen wedding cake to eat? (I never did quite understand that tradition)
Oh my goodness, yes, I do. Ew! I didn't really want to save it in the first place. Do you know I forgot all about that until you mentioned it.

Ew! I guess I can bring that out now, thaw it, look at it and then throw it away.

I don't understand that tradition either. I'm sentimental to a certain point. I don't like to keep anything froze for more than a few months.

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I once did that with the same card... not aniversary, but valentines day. Kinda funny when it happened.

I'm on the same brain wave as one of my close friends on a fairly regular basis. Recently, it has started to creep her out when I say "youshould make yourself a cup of peach tea" just as she's heating water and getting out her peach tea bags... 400 miles from where I am.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh, I just don't give people cards unless I see something really good.

Otherwise I write long, letter-kinda things.

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait for our first wedding anniversary.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Paul G - So we're not that spooky after all! Coincidences do have the ability to freak one out so. I have this habit of coming up with the next line (writers can be very obvious and predictable sometimes) in movies and TV shows. This has convinced my husband that I have some sort of weird science going on in this brain of mine. If he only knew.

Anthro - A long handwritten letter kinda thing wins the blue ribbon in my contest anytime. Those are the best. *getting nostalgic just thinking about those days*

Anna - It's just around the corner. [Smile]

A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what else is spooky, Tammy? You and I were apparently married on the same day. Happy anniversary to us! [Smile]
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

A Rat named Dog - Happy Anniversary!

I choose that day very carefully! June 21st - The first day of Summer!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Elizabeth - Did he give her the same card? Or one just like it? Oh dear!"

Yes, it was the same one. He just didn;t remember. If it were me rceiving the card, I probably would not have remembered, either. I like theblank cards, with a hand written message, myself.

Also, that wedding cake after a year in the freezer thing just says "Mrs. Havisham" to me. Ugh.
(from Great Expectations, if you haven't read it)

ALSO, HAppy Anniversary to you, Rat Named Dog!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy belated anniversary to Geoff and Heather! [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We picked the same card.
I guess it makes sense that you are married. [Smile]
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
I guess it makes sense that you are married
Yep, that's the conclusion we've come to. [Smile]
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Tammy-
I like to think of it as listening to what she says, and remembering it, so that when situations crop up, I know what will work for her. With the tea thing, I know she likes having hot tea when she's got a sore throat, and her favorite sort of herbal tea is peach. she tells me she's got a sore throat, I say "go make a cup of peach tea." Conditioned response [Smile]

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.