FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Briefs Rant (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Briefs Rant
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
See, with boxers, if you start sweating things start sticking together. Briefs keep everything nicely segregated.
Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Promethius
Member # 2468

- posted      Profile for Promethius           Edit/Delete Post 
Alas I also have trouble with the boxer bunching issue but only if I am trying to wear dress clothes. In jeans I get by just fine with boxers. Boxer briefs are without a doubt the best of both worlds. Although I feel that the right type of boxer brief is necessary. (Certain brands just dont fit as well as others.) With boxer briefs you have relative freedom while at the same time being relatively supportive. With the boxer brief you have no problem with the issue of "swingage" that some may get with boxers, and no problem with sweatyiness that briefs sometimes cause.

I also believe that the boxer brief makes a great transition underwear. People should be wary of moving to quickly from brief to boxer if they arent experienced with both. The extreme freedom after leaving the brief could be detrimental to ones "stuff." Is there such a thing as too much freedom? In this case, I think so. When going from the freedom of boxers to the confines of briefs it is important for one to be equally as wary. A person is likely to develop a "cabin fever" of sorts. Hence, the boxer brief is essential is anyone wishes to make the switch.

Posts: 473 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
All women's underwear has pink lace, girls always sleep in heart pajamas, and they have whipped cream pillow fights whenever there's a sleepover.
I KNEW IT!
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
agree that briefs are never sexy, not even on Tom Cruise.

Various stains show up too well on white.

Also, the seat usually sags, suggesting that the cotton has been under stress.

The whole idea of "sexy briefs" does NOT include fruit of the looms. [Wink] Those are definatly NOT sexy. I'm talking about the custom made special order undies from those cool magazines like "International Male". Mmmmm...
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pink tux shirts on the fellas, accented with a pink carnation.
So you saw my parents' wedding pictures?

And no, that one's not a joke. Gotta love the height of fashion in 1971.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Promethius, I am laughing very hard.

Kat, I was actually planning Mack's pink wedding based on my high school prom partner's baby blue tux scheme. It was pretty. Pretty horrid.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Entertaining thread. Unfortunately, I am unqualified to give an opinion in the eternal briefs/boxers debate. That's one aspect of manliness" that will forever be foreign to me.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.