FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Things you’d like to hear

Author Topic: Things you’d like to hear
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Things you’ve made up that you would just love to hear used in conversation.

I’ll start! [Cool]
quote:
That went out of fashion with full-service gas stations and “getting your groove thing on” while listen to the latest “jam” from the Bee-Gees in the back of some sleazy disco club that charges their entrance fee in York peppermint patties.
Hobbes [Smile]
Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UTAH
Member # 5032

- posted      Profile for UTAH   Email UTAH         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like everyone just jumped at the chance to add to this bandwagon. [Big Grin]
Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I think people are getting sick of me being an odd-ball... but that's never stopped me before! *reminces about the WHAM-mobile*

Hobbes [Smile]

[ June 25, 2004, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Maybe this one:

quote:
Last night I tried using a soap/shampoo hybrid as deodorant for my pets. The results were mixed, but quite clean.
Hobbes [Smile]

[ June 25, 2004, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I didn't think she get up that high. Where's the fire extinguisher?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

quote:
I have to admit, I've never heard anyone shout out "dixie cup!" at the top of their lungs before
Hobbes [Smile]
Hobbes
Member # 433

quote:
This gives a whole new meaning to "chip off the old block" eh?
Hobbes [Smile]
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes I use head and shoulders on my dogs all the time, it works as well to prevent dandruff on them as us. And they smell nice afterwards too.
[Wink]
AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Something else I'd like to hear:

quote:
Hobbes I use head and shoulders on my dogs all the time, it works as well to prevent dandruff on them as us. And they smell nice afterwards too.
[Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Something I'd love to hear:

quote:
I just made an enormous homemade chocolate cake*. Would you like it?
*Other delicious homemade baked goods may be inserted instead of "chocolate cake"
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

quote:
I've never seen wax paper do that before
Hobbes [Smile]
Hobbes
Member # 433

quote:
I honestly can't remember the last time I had a good, fried, contry yam
Hobbes [Smile]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

What you say?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

[extension of Dag's]You say you aint got no liverworst? Well I am out of here like last week's bread that you ain't got none of niether!

Hobbes [Smile]

[ June 25, 2004, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I just made an enormous homemade chocolate cake*. Would you like it?
I think she's hinting at something, Jon Boy... [Smile]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

That went in an entirely different direct than I planned. [Big Grin]

How about, "So we were just getting the oatmeal off the ceiling fan when the police showed up."

Hobbes
Member # 433

quote:
You know, the last time we tried that, the cat ended up with the broom attached to his back-left leg.
Hobbes [Smile]
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
DIXIE CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There. Now you've heard it. Well, erm, sort of.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
"Katharina, you are beautiful and intelligent and my hero and my favorite person ever and I am always, always going to adore you from afar and send you presents and jokes without wavering and without ever scaring the crap out of you."

[Razz] I'm not holding my breath.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
ICLYN
quote:
I know a way to fast forward time two years.
quote:
Something shiny!
...wait, I hear that one ALL THE TIME...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
ICLYN
[Confused] [Dont Know]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[mysterious serious whisper] I see fed people. [/mysterious serious whisper]
(Ok, actually I said this at a very big lunch yesterday, doing my best Haley Joel Osmond voice. Half of my co-workers didn't get it.)

[ June 25, 2004, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my cool, orignal quote, "A genius is a realist with delusions of grandeur"
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Brinestone was in the right frame of mind, but as long as were are fantasizing I'd like to hear,

quote:
Here, have a million dollars.
And, of course, I'd like them to be saying it to me.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Thing I'd like to hear:

quote:
I do
In response to:

quote:
Do you, Dana, take this man, Bob, to be your...

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I, George W. Bush, have today accepted the resignation of Misters Ascroft, Cheney, and Rumsfeld and do hereby resign as President of the United States.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, I'd like to hear that more than the one I came up with.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
I've actual heard/been present for the dixie cup and oatmeal quotes happening.

I, too, second Bob's quotes...the second being more favorable to me; the first, a more gratifying occasion for celebration.

And now for something different
quote:
How'd that donkey get up there ?!?

Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mysterious serious whisper] I see fed people. [/mysterious serious whisper]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ok, actually I said this at a very big lunch yesterday, doing my best Haley Joel Osmond voice. Half of my co-workers didn't get it.)

My friend said that she had a math teacher once, who was about 27 or something, but had really pale skin, and prematurely grey hair, so it looked like she was 60... and the first day of school, she walked into the classroom, and a boy at the back of the room whispered "I see dead people!" She said the class could not stop laughing for the rest of the day.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
MOM: THAT is why you always put the lid on the blender when it is running

[As they survey the carnage of little Johnnie's pet hamster that fell in Mom's Energy Shake]

quote:
DAD: Yes honey, but blended hamster is low in carbs...

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of the horrendously stupid "LOW IN CARBS" advertising bandwagon:

quote:
Hey! Try new KFC's fried chicken that is pretty much the same as it has always been, but is now LOW IN CARBS!!!
Oh wait, they already did that, and I believe the FCC made them stop doing it... [Dont Know]
Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.