FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Silly place for a link

Author Topic: Silly place for a link
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
By now we are almost all aware of the case against Wal-Mart for sexual discrimination.

Checking out the most recent news article on Yahoo News, I noted the links on the page:

Note the third link under the story

The first link is to the website for the law suit.
The second is a legal website talking about the law suit.

The third one, under an article complaining about the employment practices of Wal-Mart....

is a link to Wal-Marts recruiting page.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Some do prefer abuse, Dan . . . sad but true. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
Considering that Walmart is headquartered in Arkansas, I wonder if they asked the following questions on the job application:

1. Do you live in a single or double wide?
2. How many real teeth do you have left?
3. How are your parents related?

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
My mother-in-law was forced out of her full-time at Wal-Mart because she had so much seniority and merit raises that she made too much for her position. (She worked as a pharmacy tech and was making about $12 an hour.)

They did everything they could think of to encourage her to quit, once they could not find a way to fire her (which they also tried). This was in the Chicago market though, and I do not mean to infer that this is Wal-Mart's SOP.

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
You seem to be so happy about Chicago lately.

Just sayin'.

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.