FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Stuff of Nightmares (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Stuff of Nightmares
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a series of nightmares about this toilet with purple water in it that would suck you in and not let go. So you'd be arms and legs sticking out of the toilet with your butt lodged firmly in it. The only way out was to get someone strong to pull you out, which was very embarassing. And everywhere I went, I had to go to the bathroom, and whenever I did, there was the toilet. I couldn't escape it.

Yeah, it doesn't sound scary now, but it freaked me out when I was about eight, and I really had trouble going to the bathroom after waking up from it.

Bears were also a recurring theme for me. I wonder why.

One of the scariest was one time when I dreamed an alligator ate my pinky toe and woke up not being able to feel it.

Question: does anyone else have dreams that are so freaky and disturbing that you can't share them and you worry about your inner psyche?

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I often have a dream where I am somehow flung into the air, but I keep going, higher and higher. I can still see the ground, and I am trying to gain control, but I can;t get it. I usually wake up. One time, though, I fell all the way to the ocean, and then sort of turned into a boat and coasted along the top of the water.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Short answer: yes.

Slightly longer answer: most of them have to do with sex.

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Brinestone: yes.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, know what gets rid of nightmares? Donna the Buffalo, I hear she's going to be in Salt Lake City pretty soon, maybe you should go see her, and take your daughter.

[Razz]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Worst dream ever:

My wife was missing, and it was snowing outside. I went outside to look for her and couldn't find her. The snowplow came and tossed her cold, blue body up on the snowbank.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that is harsh. [Frown]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Skillery: Ouch!! I have also had dreams of losing my huband. It is always a feeling of cold, black emptiness. (shudder)

As for you, Hobbes, I thought you were SWEET! Ha ha. (also, it is my son who is more into them. We have been on many adventures together.)

Promethius
Member # 2468

- posted      Profile for Promethius           Edit/Delete Post 
Alucard-

At first I thought you said
quote:
I have this recurring nightmare of a large BEER coming out of the woods and running off with my 22 month-old daughter

[ July 02, 2004, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Promethius ]

Posts: 473 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
I dream of tides.
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to have tornado dreams. The worst was when I was driving to pick up my little girl from my mom's house, and a tornado got there before I did. I woke up shuddering and sobbing from that one.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Dagonee:

quote:
...driving but suddenly realize you're in the back seat
I dream that I'm driving my dad's pickup from the camper shell with my legs extended through the truck's rear window, my toes just barely able to touch the steering wheel; also driving my motorhome from the dining table. Cool dreams! Always going downhill at breakneck speed. Can't figure out whose feet are working the gas and brakes though.

Last night I dreamed that I was driving a go-cart made of chicken wire.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I have also had dreams of trying to drive from the back seat.
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
I have had dreams something like that, but I always inevitably shift perspectives until I'm in the front seat and don't even notice what's happened except that it's easier.

Sometimes it works the other way, though...in fact, sometimes I shift all the way out of the car and it becomes like a video game.

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

- posted      Profile for michaele8   Email michaele8         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe this site will help you analyze your dreams and nightmares better:

http://www.dreamdoctor.com/

[Smile]

Posts: 232 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.