FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lines that only work in a movie (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Lines that only work in a movie
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Eruve, wasn't that line ("Today is a good day to die") originally attributed to Geronimo, who was supposed to have said that to his braves just as they launched their attacks?

Of course, today, we just yell "Geronimo!" as we're jumping off the plane, or whatever.

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
"Gimme some sugar, baby"
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I believe "Today is a good day to die" is Shaka Zulu...
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably Shaka Zulu said it in Swahili, and Geronimo said it in Apache, so whatever they said was original for them.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
"Sometimes the magic works. Sometimes it doesn't."
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
"Just keep punchin', Apollo."

"Nothing is real if you don't believe in who you are!"

"The ultimate male versus the ultimate meatball."

Sorry -- though we didn't watch more than 20 minutes or so, Rocky III (and IV, though we didn't watch any of that) was on last night.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
"Badges. we don't need no stinking badges!"

Yes you do or my lawyer will be on you like white on rice.

"You can't enter here without a warrant."

He's got a gun. If he wants to enter, there tain't much you can do to stop him.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been knocked out by being hit on the head once. It was only for like 30 secs, but I was definitely knocked out. And this wasn't a concussion thing, either.

The worst part is that it was during a movie my friends were making, and all they did was just tape my unconscious face.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm not that kind of girl."
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
Just for the record it's actually
quote:
Badges? We don't got no badges. We don't need no badges. We don't have to show you no stinking badges.

Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The worst part is that it was during a movie my friends were making, and all they did was just tape my unconscious face.
They knew your dedication to art was so high that they didn't want to dishonor you by missing the shot.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.