FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Stuff of Dreams

Author Topic: The Stuff of Dreams
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
A thread Elizabeth started called The Stuff of Nightmares got me to thinking about dreams and tornadoes. Some of the posters in that thread had nightmares about tornadoes. I'm just the opposite. If money was no object and I didn't have a family that would seriously worry about me I would love to be a storm chaser. When the sky turns green and the barometer plumets my pulse rises with the wind. Thunder crashing, lightning flashing and blasts of rain filled wind thrill me to no end.

So tell me, if money was no object and danger was of no concern, what would you do? Climb Mount Everest? Fly a fighter jet? What is on your list of dreams?

[ June 27, 2004, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd make sure that no kid ever went through abuse of any kind. I don't know how but thats what I'd do.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Given the choice between your dream and mine I'd have to vote for yours as well.

[ June 27, 2004, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weezer
Member # 6643

- posted      Profile for weezer   Email weezer         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it would be a blast to go skydiving. [Big Grin]
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
To be able to heal psychological pain as easily as we do physical injuries.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh. Most of my dreams are fairly mundane. The only one that needs money would be a lifetime supply of heroin, marijuana, MDMA, a few assorted psychedelics, good wine and beer, etc. Not what I want the most out of life, but I do want it, and I am closer to this one than to any of the others.

My real dream, the biggest one, is finding someone to spend the rest of my life with, which is as likely now as it would be with money and invulnerability. If that never happens it would be nice to write a few books, I suppose.

What can I say? I am a boring person.

Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weezer
Member # 6643

- posted      Profile for weezer   Email weezer         Edit/Delete Post 
mackillian, that's an awesome thing to want, or, at least, want for others.

[ June 27, 2004, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: weezer ]

Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to go airboarding, or even bungee jumping.

That is if I wasn't afraid of hieghts. [Wink]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Shameless auto-bump. I really am interested in what other Hatrackers would do with their life if money and safety were not concerns. What job, activity, useless or useful endeavor is the stuff of your dreams.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I would put my big ole pile of loot into wildlife and environmental issues. I'd like to see a whole lot more of education going on, as well as more habitat preservation projects.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

S.O., Would you just contribute mula or would you like to be an active, card carrying tree hugger? Do you belong to any environmental agencies, Greenpeace?
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I would definately be an active. Currently I receive updates for the Defenders of Wildlife, which is a great organization.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Also, didn't I see you voting for my habitat to be destroyed in a thread yesterday. Shame on you [No No]
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd go on a lot of hiking trips all over the world. Then I'd settle down and make the best garden you have ever seen in your life.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Err...umm...hmmm. It wasn't me, Punwit - 'twas my evil alter-ego with the exact same name and post count. [Razz]

space opera

skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Own a private island in Japan's inland sea and spend the days exploring the waterway in my 45-foot offshore racer.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well of course what I want most I already have (Annie), but I have some more selfish-materliastic dreams.

Get a very, very expensive road bike and tour all over the place.
Go to le Tour de France.
Go to Vienna to hear Strauss played.
Buy a top-of-the-line computer.
Get a high-quality sound system.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.