FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ughh.. Some humes.. I swear..

Author Topic: Ughh.. Some humes.. I swear..
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
So I like to play arcade games on this website 'www.icy-hell.com' and man, they got a lot of cool games and i'm number 1 on the Asteroids top 10 list.. number 2 too.. - and anyway- They have a forum as well..
and I went on to one of the topics that looked interesting.. and you wouldn't beleive how.. how.. ugh.. just read it.. it's a thread based on the 'space elevator' in development..

http://www.icy-hell.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1100

It gives me a reinsured respect for you people here at Hatrack.. I love you guys..

~Sir Montague

Ps- Have you ever met people so close minded?

[ June 28, 2004, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: Pepek ]

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, to be fair, it sounds like a pretty outlandish idea. However, most of the objections I saw on that thread were answered in the article I read in Discover magazine. And carbon nanotubes are pretty impressive. Materials science is so amazingly cool.

I wouldn't worry about people being closed-minded about this particular idea unless they're in Congress (actually, that's a legitimate concern). Yeah, if pro is the opposite of con, then what's the opposite of progress?

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think those nutty kids would be all over this idea if it weren't linked with the Evil One, W. Bush. [Grumble] Typical.

Really, it's an interesting idea and worth looking into.

People who think space exploration is a waste of money have always made me grumpy.

It's 2004, people! Where are the flying cars? The Mars colonies! The Vulcans! I think it's about darn time we start getting more futury.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
heheh, 'futury'..

~Sir Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
The Flying Car.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
But still no Vulcans.
Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the usa from england thing mite b more helpful than space thingy but if sumfin goes wrong =] then EVERYWUN DIES like in that movie
Well said, Wesley. Well said.
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
The ignorance displayed in the replies is pretty disturbing. I mean, these are the people who will grow up to be the adults in charge of tomorrow? (God, I hope none of them were adults. What a depressing thought. I'm going back to bed. [Angst] )
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me, but:

quote:
but i also heard something about a underground tunnel in the water very deep in the sea, that cars can drive from USA to England which cost a lot of money too................................................................ weeeeeeeeee............................... weeeeeeeeeeeeeee...................
I'm going to go way out on a limb and assume this person is talking about the chunnel? Or is there some project going on that I have no idea about?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"I think those nutty kids would be all over this idea if it weren't linked with the Evil One, W. Bush."

What's odd is that Bush has never mentioned a space elevator.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But still no Vulcans.
Yeah, but for the same space as a vulcan and an extra ammo box, you could mount a heavy rocket, and it weighs less!

Oh, did you mean Vulcans like on Star Trek?

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

quote:
What's odd is that Bush has never mentioned a space elevator.
You're right. There is no connection, except that Bush wants to get back to the moon, and this space elevator idea may help that along.

Apparently, that's enough for those nutty, sporadically illiterate kids.

quote:
wow...wut an undeveloped idea
Let alone the appalling cost, how the hell will this retarded elevator serve a usefull purpose?
Won't this elevator be hard to maintain since the elevator would have to be attached to the Earth, in which makes revolutions (could hit some stuff, like satellites and what not). The elevator would cost 10 billion to MAKE but would probably take even more money to maintain it.

Plus, we need this money seeing how Bush screwed up our economy.

Well, we can all draw a conclusion to George Bush is just a moron. Please tell your parents not to vote for him. Mark my words, he will screw us all over is he gets another term.

[Dont Know]
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

LOL.

At least the good people of Hatrack are reproducing as well. I'd hate to leave the future in these kid's hands.

Why don't they just get back to killing each other in video games?

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

By the way, has anyone posted to these kids to

READ A BOOK!?

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have high hopes for them, if they are trying to read something that isn't all spelled phonetically.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
The TransatlanticTunnel NYTimes review and a modern engineering redesign.

[ June 28, 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

quote:
By the way, has anyone posted to these kids to

READ A BOOK!?

But then you'd get something like this little gem in response:

quote:
u spamming again this has noting to do with the dam Elevator thing and i agree with Jes-C Moon+Elevator= waste of money and Llawton a.k.a notwall ur getting retarded any topic u make ill close it u dim so dont even try u airhead.

P.S you whats disturbing talking to your master like that i never said u can talk u stupid rat shush u

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.