FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why I don't read...

Author Topic: Why I don't read...
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
comments under the articles and news on the web.

I read an article. And then I sometimes glimpse at the comments below. And some of them are so very very uninformed and stupid that I get angry. Angry that there are such people in the world, in my country, in my neighbourhood. And so I just cut off completely, cause it's no good getting angry at some stupid people I have never met. And I remember not to look at them for a while. But then I forget.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Take heart, my dear Polish comrade.

In no time, the Implaccable Engine of Ultimate Destruction (tm) will be finished, and all the stupid people in the world will be destroyed. . .

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I know how that goes. I'm reminded of reading an article about a woman who got beaten up because she showed a painting that was anti-war.
I cannot people that people can make such uninformed biased comments.
Made me so mad. [Mad]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, man, you seriously need some proofers in your marketing department... Implacable with _2_ Cs???

*Shakes head*

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

I can spell it how I want it.

Ultimate destruction, remember?

Implacable, it is.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Yeah, well, after you destroy the universe, there's a special place in grammar hell for you, Scott.

Just ask Jon Boy. [Smile]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Grammar ≠ spelling.
Grammar ≠ usage.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] folks who know ascii symbols.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I've got me a sidekick!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Big Grin] So I shouldn't confess that I couldn't remember the correct code for the symbol, and cut and pasted it instead? [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, never disappoint your devotees. Traumatic shock, y' know.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatsay we exile the stupid people to Kansas when we conquer the Earth?

Let's make the Eastern Hemisphere Books, Films, Food and American Culture and the Western Discussions About OSC.

Sweden can be the hug thread.

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Now! Why would you pick Kansas? We happen to have a very nice state thank you very much. On second thought perhaps sending those that are ridiculed as being stupid to Kansas isn't such a bad idea. We can utilize the sparkling wit and intelligence that abounds in our state to uplift those less fortunate than ourselves.

[ June 30, 2004, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Punwit, I'm sorry, but I'm destroying Kansas before anything else.

The most miserable week of my life was spent in a hotel in Kansas. I have nothing but bitter memories of Salina, Elwood, Topeka. . .

Get out now. While there's time.

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for Kansas, too. However, it's for the totally selfish reason that I'm afraid that if it's not Kansas someone will propose Kentucky.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Kentucky. ..

[croons]
Kentucky, you are the sweetest thing this side of heaven.
[/croons]

Bokonon
Member # 480

In my defense, without proper spelling, you can't technically have proper grammar, because the misspelled word is nonsense, even if our brains are generally quick enough to infer the intent.

Your brain is not a crutch! [Smile]

-Bok

rivka
Member # 4859

YES! California is finally off Scott's hit list! [Big Grin]
weezer
Member # 6643

- posted      Profile for weezer   Email weezer         Edit/Delete Post 
a haiku:

my brain's not a crutch
a crutch can hurt the armpit
so I use a cane

Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. So deep and meaningful.
Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weezer
Member # 6643

- posted      Profile for weezer   Email weezer         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. It came from the gut of my heart.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Punwit, you're a Kansan? Where in KS do you live?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

CA is second-in-line to be destroyed, rivka.

I've given you warnings before.

rivka
Member # 4859

[Grumble]
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go, rivka!

*packs*

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

waitWAITwaitWAITaSECOND!

How is this MY fault???

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
um. was this thread derailed?

[Wink]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, I live in a small town called Ottawa that is about an hour south and west of Kansas City.

[ July 01, 2004, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Kama, no more than many others.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm familiar with Ottawa--I grew up in the Lawrence area. Finally moved away a few years ago, though, after I got laid off of a job in KC and had to relocate to find something else in my field.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.