FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I need to take my biological clock in for repairs

Author Topic: I need to take my biological clock in for repairs
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I slept FOUR AND A HALF hours last night! It's summer! Why is it that when I go to bed ridiculously late (which is my own fault, but it's summer, and should therefore be acceptable), I wake up ridiculously early? I don't understand WHY I wake up, even when I'm insanely tired, I still wake up early.

My little sister's always been like this, she would always wake up no later than 8:00 no matter how late she went to bed. I always thought that was really weird. But I see it happening to me! Aaaaah! *runs away*

[Wall Bash]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the dark side... err.. to my world. [Evil] [Wave]
Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Same thing is happening to me every day, but for a different reason. [Dont Know]

Raia, get used to it. Everthing your sister does, you will too. It is the way of the world. [Smile] [Taunt] [Wink]

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

But my sister is YOUNGER than me! [Angst]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was going to be a thread about childbearing in your late thirties. Weird.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm Well, I went to bed at around 1 in the morning. I woke up at 5.
[Dont Know]

I hear you. Old habits die hard. I used to have to wake up at 3:30 in the morning to go to make it on time to my 5:00am shift. That was when I was a merchandiser.
eeeewww That job sucked, but it payed $10 an hour.

The earliest shift I have at Starbucks this weeks is 10am. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

3:30!?!? (((((Nick))))) Aaaaaah! My sympathies, friend!

At least Starbucks is normal. [Wink]

Nick
Member # 4311

Heh yeah. I would have to be up then, do the shower 'n shave routine in under 30 minutes, and be out the door by four to make it to work on time at 5. [Smile]

*is glad to be out of stupid job*

I should have left a year ago....
[Dont Know]
I love my job at Starbucks. [Smile]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a bit jealous here, as someone who hates to roll out of bed early. Even when it was part of my routine to get to school every weekend I still slept as long as I could.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Oh, I hate getting out of bed early. I'm the exact same way, Space Opera! Which is one reasaon why this is so frustrating... I'm totally a night owl, I'm not a morning person at ALL.
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear it Raia, I've been there too, and am currently on very odd sleeping shifts, but a couple days ago I was up until just after 6am and woke up at 8:30am for no apparent reason.

Though the next day I managed to sleep until 4:30pm after haveing been up until about 5am, so maybe your sleep will make up for the loss soon too. Though hopefully you wont have to be sick to get that much sleep. [Frown] Oh well, good luck with your sleeping everyone.

[EDIT: And sweet dreams to you all [Hat] ]

[ June 30, 2004, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Marek ]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
If you sleep less in the summer, that actually means your bio clock is working fine (unless you are south of the equator, in which case it wouldn't be summer). We are designed to sleep when it is dark.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
Speak for yourself, I have on many occassions not gone to bed until the sun started to rise. Viva La Vampyres! Then again I guess that could seem weird to some people [Dont Know] .

[ June 30, 2004, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Marek ]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, Raia. I have the same problem. If I go to bed late enough, I don't sleep at all.

Wait...that was before I started working at night. Now I'm just scrambled.

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Well it's 2 PM and i just woke up.

*looks around at angry mob ready to behead him*

er..im nocturnal?

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Hah. I'm glad I'm not the only one who looked at this thread with a degree of fear and barely-repressed terror. [Laugh]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Raia, I have essentially the same problem. I find when I tightly close the blinds in my room before I go to bed, I am able to get another 30 minutes or an hour of sleep before I wake up. Try sleeping in a room that does not have a window on the side of the sun in the morning, it might help.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

grrrr my room points south, so I get sun all day....
[Grumble]

Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no regular sleeping patterns anymore. Sometimes I sleep from 08:00 to 17:00 or 18:00. Sometimes I can only force myself to sleep for three or four hours at a time, three days in a row. That is what working nights will do for you, I suppose.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal
Member # 5437

- posted      Profile for Crystal   Email Crystal         Edit/Delete Post 
I have the same problem. I can never fall asleep and I still wake up early. The 21 hours of sunlight we're getting here right now dosn't help much either. [Grumble]
Posts: 70 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
And here I thought I'd get a giggle out of this thread. The title made me think you were getting teenage-onset menopause. [Razz]
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.