FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RAGBRAI

Author Topic: RAGBRAI
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
or The Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa ...

is anyone going on this? The reason I ask is because they are stopping overnight in Fort Dodge. (yeah, Iowa) I live near Fort Dodge and work there and would like to meet any Hatracker who is in the area. I don't think there is really an "Iowa clump." [Wink]

So, anyone going on that trip?

(edited to add link)

[ June 30, 2004, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a lot of fun! Unfortunatly I live in Colorado... but have a great time for me. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

People from all over the U.S. and even out of the country participate in this. I thought I would give it a shot. [Smile]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
<Glad this thread isn't about what I thought it was gonna be about. Well, sorta glad, anyway.>
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

[ROFL]

I figured those who were going would know what I meant.

Oh, and check out that link - the Fort Dodge motto (on the t-shirts, no less) is "I got shagged in Fort Dodge." That's because of the Friday and Saturday night tradition of driving up and down Central Avenue - known as shagging the drag. Apparently they didn't think that "got shagged" might have another meaning.

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I will probably do this some day, but this year I'm touring France rather than Iowa.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.