FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is anyone's favorite color brown?

Author Topic: Is anyone's favorite color brown?
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard anyone say that their favorite color is brown.

In fact, I've seen people preferring blue M&M's over the brown ones even though they taste the same!

So I'm wondering - is anyone's favorite color brown??

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Only when it's on the chocolate. [Cool]

I actually like different colors in different situations / on different things, I don't think I have a favourite one...

For example: I like to dress in green. But I like to see girls dressed in red or orange, you know, hot colors. (Who doesn't ?!) And I'll always appreciate a clear blue sky.

But brown ?!

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Why are you doing the combined British/US English?

You said favourite and color.

It's either

favorite and color

or

favourite and colour.

You can't just combine them! [Mad]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Because I'm not an English native speaker, and I write the words the way they come to me. So my favourite way to write color is without a 'u', as you can see above [Wink]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Oh ... where are you from? [Wave]
Corwin
Member # 5705

The Kingdom of Far Far Away...

Romania actually. And it's a republic, not a kingdom [Wink]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Brown is one of my favorite colors to wear.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I think brown M&Ms are the best.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
but you don't like green jolly rancher's so your oppinion is useless. [Taunt]
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
(posts in this thread to move it from its spot below "Too Much Poo")
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Brown is my favorite color when it's on brownies, chocolate cake, and dirt.

Otherwise, I like other colors better, but on the above, brown is really best. (OK, red dirt is okay, too, if you're in an area that has lots of clay in the composition.)

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I find brown to be a very comforting color. It's nice on skirts and shoes, and in things like oak and chocolate. I find the whole favorite color thing to be somewhat false, though...I like to look at the color green, wear the color burgundy, and be in yellow-colored rooms. Does that mean I have three favorite colors? [Dont Know]

How do you define your favorite color, anyway? For me, brown brings up a series of associations I find pleasant.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
I grew up in southern California - so there is something very comforting to me about brown hillsides, as opposed to green ones. Now I live in central California, where everything out in the country but the hills is relentlessly green from spring through harvest time. Vines, trees, all the crops. It's about this time of year, as a matter of fact, that I get really tired of seeing all that green everywhere.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Brown is one of my favorite colors to wear.
Elizabeth, me too. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Brown is a natural color, and makes me feel earthy and warm. I also have hazel eyes, and it brings out the green. So does wearing green, so I don't really understand why it doesn't bring out the brown, but there you have it.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

O_o

You have hazel eyes too, Elizabeth?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yes, I do.
you are not a Scorpio, though.

Right?

rivka
Member # 4859

Nope. Aries.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK. Phew.
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
That makes three of us with hazel eyes. [Smile] Oh, and Virgo here.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Brown is my favorite color! It's the color of rich earth, of many mammals, of the family room in the house where I grew up, a color that looks good on me, the color of my eyes and hair, the color of wood.

Unfortunately, my husband has brown issues, and he inevitably thinks of a rather malodorous brown substance whenever I wear it.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
My eyes are brown/olive green hazel eyes. Oh, and I'm a Virgo, too.

[ July 04, 2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Jenny Gardener ]

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny, Monkeys are sometimes brown, and they tend to throw that substance.

[Smile]

But, I Agree about it being the color of Earth.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

So Jenny you are the ONLY person in the world who's favoritei color is brown
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Brown is the color of poop.
I am brown from head to toe.
My favorite color is yellow.

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Our son insists that his favorite colors are red and brown. This has been consistent for at least a year now. Just the other day he admitted to me that he thought blue was prettier than red. (This after watching Tron) So I asked him if he still liked red. He said, "No, so I guess brown is my favorite color."
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
no
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I was looking at all the shades of brown hair for my children and some of their cousins. It was really interesting to consider the range. Later on, my brother mentioned that I'm the only one who's hair is actually black.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
When I was in second grade, my favorite colors were brown and yellow. All my outfits, my room, everything was brown and yellow.

Now I have no idea what possesed me.

Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

I fear conformity. Hence, my favorite color is the least favorite of the populace.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Brown is the color of poop.
I am brown from head to toe.
My favorite color is yellow."

Yellow is, unfortunately, also the color of poop.

fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm...I'm sorry to hear that. I've heard of green, blue, and purple, but never yellow. I"m pretty sure I don't want to know.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.