FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Comics recommendations (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Comics recommendations
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
My list consists of:

Hellyboy

Ghost Rider(the original)

What If....(Marvel comics)

SpiderMan 2099

Green Lantern(no reason.....just fun)

Shaman King(stupid manga)

Captain America

Just for fun.....comic strips:

Calvin and Hobbes

The Peanuts

Pearls Before Swine

Get Fuzzy

Zits

This is too much isn't it?

[ December 30, 2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Captain America
REALLY? Who would've guessed? [Wink]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
My new favorite is Serenity Rose. Very girly goth. I also love the new Kabuki, although I have to admit to being a color snob. Its hard to get me to read any non-arty comics.

My approval is really the kiss of death to comics, though. I haven't read anything yet that has come out on any regular basis or hasn't been canceled after a few issues. I like pretty ecclectic indie comics.

*whine* Please, let there be more of the Spooners.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Christy isn't kidding. If she picks up a comic and leafs through it, I know it's either going to wind up publishing on an irregular schedule about once every five months, except when it takes eight months, or else stagger along until it's declared a "miniseries" and terminated abruptly.

Which is a genuine shame, because she has excellent taste in comics which unfortunately extends exclusively, rather oddly, solely to unpopular indie comics that deserve to be -- but never become -- more popular. She's like the Ben of four-color printing.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Tom. I asked because I know the second Ruse writer, though I haven't seen him in more than 10 years (we lost touch after college, and weren't close even then, though he was part of the crowd I hung out with.
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Something Positive is amazing -- I was linked to it recently, and haven't been able to stop reading. It's, hands-down, the best comic I've come across in my fairly broad and boring experience. I just wrote and deleted a description plugging it, but there's no way I can do the dialogue or characterization justice with what few adjectives for perfection I know. Give it a try from the beginning. Once you do, no, there's no need to name your firstborn after me, your thanks and cash are enough to give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

And when you begin to worry about alligators when crossing the Canadian border, especially if you're a sexuall abused Hispanic midget, then, padawan, then you know true enlightenment.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.