FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Free Multiplayer Online Games

Author Topic: Free Multiplayer Online Games
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
A couple Sunday nights a month, I get online with some old high school buds to do some gaming that we haven't been able to do face-to-face since we all moved to the four corners of the country 18 years ago. For a while we have been doing Neverwinter Nights modules but NwN, while amazing, has finicky moments and we sometimes spend half the night getting it up and running (it is okay when there are a few folks but when we get up to 7...oy). Last week we had issues and just said heck with it. I remembered hearing about an online version of an older board game called "Cosmic Encounter." This version was a Flash version, fully playable with 6 randomly chosen races and...get this...an absolute hoot. We were using Team Speak so we could chat while we played.

Anyway, are there more games like this online? Stuff that is fast, free, fun to play, etc? I know about things like MSN game zone with chess, checkers, etc. but we were more interested in the slightly more complex games like Cosmic Encounter. Great stuff. Want more. Like, oh, an online version of Illuminati card game.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

fil

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
A Cosmic Encounter flash thingy?

Do you have a link?

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
Here it is:

Cosmic Encounter Online

What is cool is that is also has a paid side of it, too. You can upgrade to get tons of new aliens to play (and my buds and I are considering it). But the fact that I can jump on, play and not have to download anything to do it is quite cool.

Thanks for poker link. Will check it out.

fil

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
There is an online version of Settlers of Cataan out there.

Also, I find playing D & D, either with some kind of teamspeak or just by typing text, to be very satisfactory. I actually have liked the text version better than the at home, in the flesh type, sometimes.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
The fact that there has not only been some small discussion about Cosmic Encounter but also links to its on-line games has reaffirmed my faith in the good people of Hatrack.

VOID POWER 4 LYFE!

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.