FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What ad does Google come up with...nka AD CHANGING, A NEW GAME

Author Topic: What ad does Google come up with...nka AD CHANGING, A NEW GAME
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
TomDavidson opened my eyes about how Google creates ads at the bottom of the page dependent on what your post is a bout. So, my question to Google is, "What ad will you post in a post about Google ads?" This may be the first time someone else (Google) posts here that is not a person.

Well Google...Speak to us!

[ July 05, 2004, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Alexa ]

Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Links to Ldsplanet.com and a search for the Book of Mormon on Yahoo!
Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
It gives certain default ads based on what it assumed about this site in addtion to what is actually in the thread, I think.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

Google's primary objective is to convert people to Mormonism and hook them up together. How interesting! [Eek!] Google has an agenda. Google may be the first A.I. that is living in the web. I knew the X-files were on to something. [Hail]
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Christ
Member # 5714

- posted      Profile for Anti-Christ           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Game (audiobook) from Adible.com, and an Ender's Game study guide... alternately, I see the LDS Planet and BoM links here in the reply section...

D

Posts: 125 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? I thought that was David Duchovny - it would explain his perpetual, singular expression.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
How come I am getting the Mercedes SL280 forum then?
Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
lol, I had not even noticed the google adds before you made this post
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny - I get ads for Converse All Stars and Vegamite.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

nka= now known as...ad changing, a game.

we have switched the advertisement from LDS to Mercedes. I propose a game where we try to change the advertisement. It is kind like pool, I call "X-files or DVDs" bottom pocket.

Now I have talked a little about X-files here and Moulder, and I think if I keep asking about the episodes of X-files and whether they are on DVD yet, I may be able to change the advertisement on the bottom.

The purpose of this game is to call and then change the Google ad.

If it changes to what I call, and someone else validates it--posts that they witness the change--then I get a point. So, will one post change the Google ad, or will there need to be multiple posts about X-files to change the ad to mention buying X-files on DVD. You be the judge.

What will you change the ad to be?

[EDIT]
ARGH...it is no longer MERCEDES, it is back to LDS.

{CHANTS}
X-Files X-Files X-Files X-Files X-Files X-Files X-Files X-Files X-Files X-Files X-Files X-Files

[ July 05, 2004, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Alexa ]

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
xfiles./

xfiles

X-files.

Scary, they are.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Since I should be studying for my USMLE Board Exam, I am hoping to change the ads to represent Studying and Kaplan Review tests and such. I mean, doesn't everyone want Q Bank and other great tutoring and testing services? The Medical Licensing exam is so important for students and examination takers.

Yep.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

Does anyone else like X-files? Did you see the episode of X-fiels where there was an X-file monster who was eating everyone's DVDs? Speaking of, my brother bought two seasons of X-files, I hope I can borrow his X-Files DVDs when he come to visit. We will stay up and watch teh X-Files dvd.
Annie
Member # 295

OMG David Duchovny is HAWT!

*peers out* what does that give us?

[Razz]

p.s. - vegamite vegamite vegamite vegamite

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

I want to buy a lot of x-files dvds. It's want I want: to buy a lot of x-files dvds.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

Oh come on. A simple course in the SAT or LSATs would give you enough information for your little TV show. After all, working on analogies and writing comprehension ought to help all of us out on this board. Preparatory books and lessons are vital to Pass the Exam. PSATs for you younger kids.
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

Hmm.. I think maybe it sets the ads early on, and doesn't change them dynamically. Anyone else know how google chooses the ads?
Phanto
Member # 5897

I want an x-files ad! [Frown] X-files! X-Files!
Alexa
Member # 6285

If only I had a link to buy X-files DVDs, I would drop like $500. Oh, where can I find a lik to buy X-file dvds?
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
gillian anderson david duchovny chris carter x-files dvd collector's edition season 9 the truth is out there fox spooky black oil
Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

vegamite
Phanto
Member # 5897

vegamite...
gillian anderson david duchovny chris carter x-files dvd collector's edition season 9 the truth is out there fox spooky black oil

It's not working :*.

pooka
Member # 5003

You have to choose something folks are wanting to sell right now. Check this out. Lord of the Rings Harry Potter

Dang, now it's LDS Mormon and Missionary cookies.

[ July 05, 2004, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing. (I've got the ads blocked in firefox) [Big Grin]
Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

darn darn darn..perhaps the ads are not dynamic. grr..it would of beena fun game.
ok
Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman Spiderman

narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Where the hell are these google ads? I can't see them here, or at RRR's forum.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HRE
Member # 6263

- posted      Profile for HRE   Email HRE         Edit/Delete Post 
Alexa, he's not coming. Deal with it. Jack Black might just show up, but that's the best you'll get.
Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I, however, can also not see them at RRR's; but I can see them here! Very odd.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Maybe it doesn't change for anything that says "Google Ad" in the subject line. maybe it goes with the first post on each page.
rivka
Member # 4859

Odd.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Before I posted ^, Mercedes and something about EG. After, two LDS-related sites. [Dont Know]
rivka
Member # 4859

And now I opened the thread, and we're back to Mercedes and EG. So, does that mean that you see different ads when you've just posted than if you have not?
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
I found this to be somewhat (though not altogether) reassuring.

http://www.mysticaluniverse.com/unexplained/un2/un3/un4/un4.html

mostly as a by-product. low-carb. even lower, if you bother to digest.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.