FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » This is just... wow.

Author Topic: This is just... wow.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Link

quote:
The boy, who can be identified only by the pseudonym John, invented a cast of characters in an internet chatroom as part of an elaborate plan to commission his own murder.

He was 14 when he fell in love with Mark, a boy two years older, and adopted the guise of a female secret service agent to order his friend to stab him in a suburban alleyway. Mark was meant to end his life with the words: "I love you, bro'."

Mark carried out the stabbing in Altrincham, Cheshire, shortly before 8pm on June 29 last year. He knifed John in the chest and abdomen. The second blow cut into his kidney, liver and gall bladder, nearly killing him.

Minutes later Mark reported the attack on his mobile phone.

Manchester Crown Court heard that detectives studied 58,000 lines of internet text to break down the boys' account and show that John, who surfed the net for seven hours at a time, had spent six months manipulating Mark until he felt he was ready to commit murder.

It emerged that John had introduced himself to Mark on the internet as a teenage girl. Mark performed sexual acts for the "girl" on a webcam which John watched.

Later John introduced a series of other characters to the chatroom, including a second girlfriend, a stalker and two secret service agents modelled on Bond films.

One of the agents, identified as Agent 47695, told Mark she had been assigned to protect John. Later she ordered Mark to kill the boy, promising him as a reward a gun, a large sum of money and a meeting with the Prime Minister.

I don't really know what to say in response to that.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I know, I'm totally shocked...
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Christ
Member # 5714

- posted      Profile for Anti-Christ           Edit/Delete Post 
Yowzah.
Posts: 125 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Imagine what Mark's stupidity and gullibility might have wrought on the world if not identified and caged early on.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Um...you know, the downside of the internet is that fantasies can be played out much, much further before things get revealed in the stark light of face-to-face meetings.

If this story was a movie, reviewers would pan it as too improbable.

How sad.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Is 7 hours a day too much to be spending on the internet? [Blushing]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so incredibly odd. It looks like he survived though.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...were any of this guy's pseudonyms "Cedrios"?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon [ROFL]
[Eek!]

Dang, now I feel very guilty for having laughed at that.

Sorry Ced. You really don't deserve that, but it was a funny joke.

And I laughed.

And now I feel dirty
very dirty...

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.