FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The worst supervillian in the world...

Author Topic: The worst supervillian in the world...
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
Has got to be the Penguin. I mean how intimidating is George Costanza with a top hat and an umbrella?
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Snidely Whiplash. Without his mustache, he's nothing. Most of the time, he gets bested by a horse.

Pathetic.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
AH! Bob got to Snidely before me!

*pouts*

edit: Of course, AT WORST he's just a villian. Supervillian is giving him too much credit.

[ July 13, 2004, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

How can you nominate anyone from Rocky and Bullwinkle?!! Snidely Whiplash is the best. Anyone from Canada who is evil enough to tie women to railroad tracks is almost as evil as the Land Lord who makes you pay the rent.

"You MUST pay the rent!"

"But I CAN'T pay the rent!"

"You must pay the rent!"

repeat until "I'll pay then rent."

"My Hero!"

[Kiss]

Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
"The Riddler" was pretty lame as a super villain. I mean, he'd purposefully leave clues that were always so blatantly obvious it was just dumb. It was like all he really wanted was someone to figure out his riddles. He didn't really want a life of crime at all.

You gotta want it!!!!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

I htink all supervillians are ultimately equally bad. I mean, when was the last time a supervillian won?
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, GeorgeClooney killed off Batman and Robin, and escaped with millions upon millions of dollars.
Last I heard, he was living it up in the Italian Riviera.

[ July 13, 2004, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Disco Tony.

He couldn't tie his shoes without Cassanova Frankenstein.

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody is as bad as the Amoeba Boys.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
The Beagle Boys were pretty lousy
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Bowser, who is constantly defeated by a plumbler.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
in all fairness, it takes at least 2 plumbers to take bowser down, and sometimes even a mushroom person. and they almost always have royalty supporting their quests.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Top 3 Worst Supervillians in the world:

3) Sadaam Hussein. His power, making people believe he had stacks of WMD's. In his biggest palace was a not addressed to President George W. Bush. It said, "Ha, ha. Made you look."

2)The Chenester. Secret head of the semi-secret organization known as Hell-it-burnin. His biggest puppet master like skill is the ability to prod governmental leaders into doing his bidding, somewhat, and of course, his ability to bleed oil.

3)Ken Lay. Secret head of a very wealthy cartel of stupid business men determined to become very wealthy while destroying the US Economy, the dreams of their investors, and the New York Stock Exchange. His secret power, the ability to spend gobs of money.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got to go with the Riddler, as well. Consider that while the Penguin looks silly and engages in ridiculously elaborate schemes, his "gimmick" does not at least involve giving the good guys clues on how to stop him.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Even as a child that bugged me ("Mommy, why is that doffus on scren telling Batman what he's going to do?")

Any of the non-first-four Bond villians count in my mind too.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Has got to be the Penguin. I mean how intimidating is George Costanza with a top hat and an umbrella?
It was Danny DeVito, wasn't it? But he was a much better villain in "Other People's Money." [Smile]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Those of us who hung out in the DC universe discovered something cool--the lamer the villian, the harder the writers would have to work to make them scary and menacing. And some of the writers did a bang-up job.

There was a penguin origin story where Oswald Cobblepot welded shut the metal teeth of the guy who used to abuse him as a kid using an "umbrella welder," then stripped him down, slathered him in fish oil, and left him for dead in the tiger pit of the local zoo that was crazy. The image of the guy with his teeth welded shut and tears rolling down his cheeks was haunting.

Riddler had a great appearance in Denny O'Neil's "The Question," where he and a floozie took a bus hostage, they were robbing everyone, and killing them, too, if they didn't answer his riddles.

The Question then began to banter with him regarding old Zen riddles, real mysteries of the universe type stuff until he broke down crying and confessing some of those unaswerable riddles had helped drive him to madness.

I don't know how cool they sound here, with me describing them, but the comics themselves were cool to me at the time.

Don't get me wrong--I'm not arguing premises for the villans weren't stupid. I'm just saying that sometimes the worst premises, by inspiring a writer to rise above them, create some of the best product.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on, Chucky, that doll, has got to be worse then The Riddler. Although my name has nothing to do with the Riddler, he's better than a killer doll.
?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
I went through most of my life afraid of chucky, but then I watched the movie a few months ago and now I'm thinking that it was meant to be a comedy.

[ July 15, 2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Mr.Gumby ]

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Shouldn't this thread be about the most effective, and therefore worse supervillian ever?

Like shouldn't we be saying "Victor Von Doom could have Magneto eating out of the palm of his hand," or some such nonsense? [Dont Know]

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
I've changed my mind. I would have to say The Brain, from Pinky and the Brain is the worst. Although I loved it, he tried every night to take over the world and he always failed. He didn't even have a superhero that tried to stop him. He just failed. He never gave up though. That's one good thing.
?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
Khhhaaaaaaaaannnnnn!!!!

[ July 15, 2004, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: fil ]

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueJacsFan
Member # 6590

- posted      Profile for BlueJacsFan   Email BlueJacsFan         Edit/Delete Post 
I always found Mole Man to be rather lame.
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
?, Don't be dissin' The Brain. The Brain is cool, although Pinky was smarter.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I find it amazing that anybody is dumber than Pinky.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

What about Bill the Cat?
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, c'mon. Pinky was the real genius, but nobody ever listened to him. Poor guy.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Really?

quote:
I think so, Brain, but me and Pippi Longstocking... I mean, what would the children look like?

Are you sure?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.