FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For those of you that use 1and1 webhosting

Author Topic: For those of you that use 1and1 webhosting
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how many of you are out there, or how many of you check your admin acounts...or even how many of you are affected, but fugu and I have been so:
quote:

Dear Sir/Madam

We regret to inform you that, due to an operational malfunction with the RAID system of one of our hosting servers earlier today, your website data is currently unavailable.

Our technicians are currently working to resolve the issue as rapidly as possible. However, due to the amount of data to be restored, please be aware that this process could take up to 20 hours to complete.

In an effort to expedite the restoration process, we will disable access to FTP and SSH for the duration of the data restore.

Please check your message board for updates. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

The 1&1 Support Team
http://www.1and1.com/

It's been down for at least 10 hours by now, so somewhere around another 10 to go.
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
*checks account* Nope, still just the boring welcome page that I've never gotten around to replacing.
Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
They're slowly restoring everything now, nothing dynamic is working yet
quote:

The server made a boo boo.

Comes up when i go to any non-static pages. Goodness I love these admins.
Satyagraha

[ July 14, 2004, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Insanity Plea ]

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
nope my acount is working, fine.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Neither of my accounts were touched.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.