FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Join the Day from Hell Club

Author Topic: Join the Day from Hell Club
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Usually I check in here every few weeks to see what's happening, and just lurk, but I saw Vana was having a similarly bad day to mine, and realized a club would be in order.

Today was a day from hell. I don't exaggerate, either.

Today, my cat died. I had to be at work while the vet anethsetized my cat who I have had since I was four. Worse, I had to find her in the midst of what is best described as a siezure (we don't really know what happened). I had to be at work, and I ended up being late while my mom took the cat to the vet. The last vision I saw of my cat was her heaving with her fur all sticking up and a line of snot hanging off her nose. But I had to be at work.

I get to work. There's nothing to do. Nothing at all. I sit at my desk and check my email and feel like dying. I want to hit my coworker when he talks to me, even though he hasn't done anything. I want to hit my manager for being a pompous ass. I want to write angry emails to the company my company is contracting for, because they're stupid. And I still feel like dying.

My mom had to go to a conference for a few days, so I get home to my mom's significant other, and we exchange akward, sorrowful silences. I go up to my room and play Halo with the volume turned up to get my mind off of things. Shooting aliens just doesn't hold any appeal. I am unsatisfied.

And now my girlfriend seems to hate me, and she doesn't understand that I want to be left alone. I may not be a Quaker, but I was raised in the same environment. I'd rather sit in silent rememberance, then stab at an open wound by talking about my loss. My best friend got what i wanted instantly, but that isn't suprising.

All in all, it's been a shitty day. I nominate Vana as first copresident. Everyone is a copresident in the Day from Hell club.

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Wheat, I'm so sorry. I remember the day my poor kitty I'd had since I was six had to be put to sleep. God, I was a wreck. And no, I didn't want to talk about it either.

My day sucked, too. I have been mostly trying not to puke for about 12 hours now. I nearly fainted twice before lunch (once during a workout and once afterward, after not having eaten anything-- I just sort of forgot to eat). My mom is still in the ICU in critical condition, and I have avoided talking to my sister for fear that I'll pinch her head off.

But the Baptist Vixen and her little sister moved back in next door, so the boys played happily over there for hours. That's good, since they didn't have to spend all day watching me heave. Also, the hubby has been super sweet about everything.

Not ALL bad, even though I've cried a lot, too. Got a sweet calll from CT, that helped immensely.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean the baptist vixen with the Great Dane!?

...and olivia, have you been able to keep anything down?

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I haven't lost anything. Everything has stayed down. I had dry heaves when my stomach was empty. Otherwise, I've been dizzy and getting that sudden thing where you start to salivate and just KNOW you're gonna barf, but have managed not to despite gagging a lot.
[/TMI]

And no, not pregnant.

Edit: Yes. Cherokee, the Great Dane the size of a pony, is now our neighbor again.

[ July 19, 2004, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Get out of my head.

And try to eat, my friend.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry you are sick... [Frown]
My day yesterday in comparison was bad, but not as bad as your day...
What happened was, this girl I recently met said, "We are going to watch bad monster movies on Sunday and we'll start at four."
I got there at 4:!7. No one was home, but a girl I did not know with pretty blue eyes. So I left for a while, came back in an hour, still no one. Tried to call the girl a second time, no answer.
This may not seem like a big deal, but going to Boston is expensive for me, it costs large quantities of money. I tried to redeem my day at a bookstore, went to take the 8:15 back home...
Got on the wrong damn train! I was devestated.
The main problem was that this opens up a huge wound I am trying to keep closed.
i am alone here... I have no local friends, no one I can call if I get on the wrong train, as these compassionate women on the train so reminded me as they asked me in a well meaning way that caused tears to fall out if I had someone I could call.
I don't know my neighbours that well and my family is scattered.
I am trying to make some attempt to meet people and maybe, just maybe to get a significant other sooner or later as I simply cannot take the fact that I am going to turn 26 next month and I haven't done anything, haven't kissed or anything at all...
So, I ended yesterday feeling crushed and completely lonely as I rode the train to the end of the line and then back to the beginning...
Yes, it's a small stupid matter... but still, it bothers me...

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
why, why did you put that comma in? Could have been comic genius.

edit: refering to Mac's post.

[ July 19, 2004, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: HollowEarth ]

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Oh, Syn... hey, have you met any Boston area 'rackers? I'm really dumb about who lives where, but I bet there are some who'd be fun.
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Despite promising my supervisor a full 12 000 word draft of my thesis, I am still at 2000 words.
And they're not even particularly good words

Not a day from hell, but it's really starting to bug me.

Oh, and yesterday in the space of 5 minutes my brother dislocated his shoulder and my (diabetic) grandfather almost went into a hypoglaecimic coma. This is the grandfather who had lung cancer and half a lung cut out a few weeks ago.

Fun.

Edit: And I can't spell. [Frown]

[ July 19, 2004, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
And for the record Syn - kissing is overrated. [Razz]

I'm sorry about the no friends, family thing - although my family situation is complex at best.

Have you thought about joining a volunteer group? Something to get you out and schmoozing?

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
How about (in one weekend as opposed to a day) news that cat is going to die soon, major girlfriend troubles, I stumble upon my grandmother sleeping on the floor with a broken hip at 1:00 AM, and then just to add insult to injury my cell phone gets put through the washing machine by accident rendering it useless.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Ya know, I shouldn't think this way - but damn, you're making my life seem just that much brighter. [Big Grin]

The Greek tragedy providing carthesis. [Razz]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
WheatPuppet, not to rub salt on your wound, but listen to this: you say you don't want to talk to your girlfriend about the loss of your cat (for which I send you my sympathies), but still you post about it in here. Why not tell her that you don't want to talk about it AND mention why, AND still accept her to be around to comfort you from time to time ? Just mumbling 'leave me alone' doesn't usually do the trick, it just gives the other person more to worry about. Try to understand her too, she's probably doing what she'd like someone else to do for her had this sorrow arrived to her.

Anyway, I hope as a new day starts, things will get better for you.

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess my assignment is to be in this thread every day from now on.

Good thing I have lots of meds.

My elderly husband's elderly uncle shot himself yesterday. Husband is acting as if its my fault. I'll cut him some slack, as his uncle has just died. There I go again, making excuses for his lousy behavior.

I have nothing suitable to wear to the funeral, but then, I will probably be told to stay in the car anyway.

Sad Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Corwin, and everyone else, thanks. What I really love about this forum is that everyone is so caring.

Life is getting back to normal. Things keep moving, but everyone is entitled to a bad day or two. Yesterday was bad, today is better. Tomorrow will be better. I did talk to my girlfriend. She didn't understand and we had a fight, but we made up, and I hope things will repair themselves today.

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. Yeah, we probably won't need a week or month from hell thread. I hope.

Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

So many sad stories! Makes my bad day yesterday seem kinda piddly.

I'm so sorry, everyone. [Frown]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

If it makes you nuts and pushes you to the breaking point - it's not piddly.

And this is a good place to vent. We just happened to need a good vent.

-Trevor

Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Good point. Very good point.
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

It isn't just what happened to you--it's how you feel about what happened. Emotions are nearly always valid.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Three days ago my friend Craig was killed in Iraq. He was an MP guarding a convoy....you can guess the rest. It's actually getting a bit of press in Detroit too... hmmmmm... Very sad and strange. He was more my brother's friend than mine but I've known him for over ten years. *shrugs*
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I'm sorry for your loss.

-Trevor

Olivetta
Member # 6456

Man, Telp. [Frown] My condolences.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Today is better for me, though. Not sick anymore. Also, Entertainment Weekly just informed me that I'd won a Lionel Ritchie CD. Not sure if that makes my day any better, but it IS interesting. *smirk*
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*joins the Day From Hell Club*

It all started with what a "simple" trip to the DMV...

Basically I got yanked around, manipulated, lied to, sent to five different places (across town each time), and ended back at DMV in tears. I cried so much I felt like throwing up.

[Frown]

[ July 26, 2004, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*raises hand* Can I join?

Check hug thread for details. Oy vey.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Eruve -- I'd like to hear the whole story.....

hugs,
FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.