FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » DON'T PANIC: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Teaser Trailer!

Author Topic: DON'T PANIC: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Teaser Trailer!
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Pay close attention to the stars when the title appears [Big Grin]

EDIT: Changed the URL to the CHUD-hosted version.

[ July 27, 2004, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I go and download and install DivX and run to see it only to find that antiverse's bandwidth has been exceeded. So I will be back later. *grumble* WITH my new DivX software.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Bandwidth!!!

I Curse Thee!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I found a version of it at Chud.

Don't Panic

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
:: sobs with emotion ::

Oh Douglas Adams how I miss thee!!!!!

:: gets hit in the head by a wicket and note falls to the floor ::

quote:

Dear Bernard,
I've been spending the last few years dead for tax reasons. I shall be returning at the premier showing. AND YOU AREN'T INVITED!!!
Love,
DNA

:: clings to towel and bites lip with emotion ::

HE LOVES ME!!!!

Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
So where can I see the Firefly teaser they showed at the same convention?
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Very, very good question...
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonko The Sane
Member # 2945

- posted      Profile for Wonko The Sane   Email Wonko The Sane         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash] wish i had a faster connection [Wall Bash]

[ July 27, 2004, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: Wonko The Sane ]

Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
That movie will rock.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, that looks seriously great! It seems like they have just the right humor and spirit. I can't wait to see it!
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
*tingly*
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't get it up. [Frown]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

(OOC)
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, Wonko the Sane likes HGttG?

Who'd a thunk it?

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
It seems a little too modernized to me. The thing that keeps running through my head is "Lost in Space... Lost in Space..." and that's not a good thing.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

OF course that's a logical assumptionm to make since NO ACTUAL FOOTAGE has been seen yet... [Razz]
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
As a rabid H2G2 fan, I have very high hopes for this movie.

However, I plan on going to see it to have all my hopes and dreams about the wonders of it being
smashed to tiny bits and tromped on by Disney.

edit:
Though, the screenwrite might just know what he's doing
Anyone have more information on him?

edit again:
at least he's going in with the right attitude:
quote:

But what followed was an interesting process because several names were bandied about and I even met with one of them (and we’re talking A list directors here). And the general sentiment from all of them was “No thank you, I don’t want to be known as the guy who screwed this one up.” And part of me understood and another part of me was saying, “Oh God does that mean I’m going to be known as the guy who screwed this up?”

I don't think I'll kill him, I'll give him credit for trying.
Satyagraha

[ July 28, 2004, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Insanity Plea ]

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you can tell by his jokes that he's not as funny or brilliant as DNA but he's got the right spirit. But it's true that DNA really didn't have much structure in his stories. They just pick up wherever and wander around until they're done and stop. So it's possible that by rearranging DNA's brilliance to bring it some sort of structure, he really did nail it. I sure hope. In any case, the teaser trailer is perfect. [Smile]

[ July 28, 2004, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: ak ]

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else somewhat comforted by the fact that this guy did Chicken Run and so at least seems capable of writing eccentric British comedy?
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. [Smile]
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

- posted      Profile for alath   Email alath         Edit/Delete Post 
here's another site with the teaser where you can play it in realplayer.
Posts: 145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.