FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Synesthesia: (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Synesthesia:
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
The 13 children of my grandfather - my father and his sisters and brothers.

So what I intended to convey was - the 13 brothers and sister, the parents of the 1st generation, American born in my family.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhh. Wow! That is a pretty big family, even for big families.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
hah! my family is cuban. I don't know why this really makes a difference, but many Cuban families have many children. My Grandfather is the youngest of 17, and my Grandmother is somewhere in the middle of 22 children.

[ August 04, 2004, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Out of curiosity, did one woman bear 22 children? Is that possible?
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to ask my dad. But i don't think it's possible either. Maybe 2 wives. Either way thats a lot.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sad, but true. Man, people there were *always* telling me I needed to marry a Filipino. They were, like, obsessed with the idea! I thought it was cute.
I sure am glad you did't. [Kiss]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

It's a mix of Catholicism, lack of or refusal to use contraceptives and just old-fashioned breeding.

My grandfather was a brigadier general in the Philipines during WW2 - which puts him in a generation where large families were almost mandatory to ensure survival.

-Trevor

Edit: For spelling

[ August 04, 2004, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Awww, thanks sweetie! [Kiss]

And happy birthday!

*smacks forehead*

That's what I gotta do!

Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

Birthday? mph? [Party] break out the bacci ball!
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Bacci ball?

*googles*

It's an alchoholic drink?

I'd rather have a Vernor's. [Grumble]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
[quote]
Hopefully me and her can be friends... we have much in common it seems.. But it's hard to believe she'd be interested in me in THAT way as I am simply not that cute...
[/qoute]

Syn: Buck up! You rock.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

I think it is an Italian game that involves trying to roll certain balls to be a certain distance from other certain balls....

[ August 04, 2004, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

MPH-

if bacci ball was a drink i'd be arrested. haha
<--is underage

It's actually a game played on grass where people roll heavy balls to see who can get closest to the bacci ball. Quite fun.

TMedina
Member # 6649

Syn, as we have pointed out before - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Just because you don't think you're cute doesn't mean other people don't think so. And really, you're only worried about one other person, so stop beating around the bush and go for it.

-Trevor

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Oh, is it that game with the metal balls about 3" in diameter? I had a friend who lived in France for a couple of years who brought that game back.
beverly
Member # 6246

Tons of beautiful people don't think they are much to look at. We are often way too critical of ourselves.
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

I, on the other hand am quite handsome. Bow before me mortals. [Evil Laugh]
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] <-- pride

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.