FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The 'On this page for many a day' Thread! (Or the "Tamagochi Thread") - new: weblink (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The 'On this page for many a day' Thread! (Or the "Tamagochi Thread") - new: weblink
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
My first dobbie! ;-)

Let's see for how long this one stay in first page. Just bump it from time to time, people. I'm aiming to 10 days, but a week would be nice. [Smile]

Now that it's a Tamagochi thread, and since Farmgirl requested, so it can be considered a dobbie, here it is.

[ August 06, 2004, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
10 days 10 days 10 days
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! my thread was 'cool' enough to dobie... popularity is overcoming me..

now i'll ditch all my old friends and treat them awful because now i'm in a different crowd and can't be seen with them, but in the end they will be the ones that are there for me though I mistreated them and i'll apologize for my behaviour and they'll forgive me..

-Jack Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...you could turn it into a movie, you know...I hever read anything so...original...in my whole life! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

And...bump!
HRE
Member # 6263

- posted      Profile for HRE   Email HRE         Edit/Delete Post 
Many a day, this thread will be bumped.
Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
bump
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Dare I ask what's a dobbie?

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
It's kinda like, a parody of another thread.. like mine was " The 'On this page for maybe a day' Thread!" - and he changed it and made it 'many a day' instead.

-Jack Montague

So what is it called when you do that but have a link inside to a picture or something? Isn't that a proper dobie?

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

bump!
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Before it slides down...
The Principal
Member # 5721

- posted      Profile for The Principal           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, you should really feed this thread to make it happier.

Then it may grow strong!

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

* feeds the thread a Big Mac
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*refuses to consider Eduardo's pitiful attempt to be a true dobie because it didn't have a hyperlink in the initial post*

*nose in the air smiley here*

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Principal
Member # 5721

- posted      Profile for The Principal           Edit/Delete Post 
Be sure your tamogochi thread can fight off roving trolls!
Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Well? Now it's right, FG? [Smile]
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

bump!
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Day 3 only 7 more

i'll be going on a family vacation for 2 weeks and i dont know if i will be able to post. Keep this thread going!!

Long Live The Thread!!! [Hail]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Yes, Eduardo, now it is a correct dobie (or is it doobie or dobbie? I never did figure that out - everyone spells it differently)

I remember the Tamagochi craze. My daughter begged for months to get one!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Did you get her one?
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

pong!

Back to the top, silly one.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know, you should really feed this thread to make it happier.

Then it may grow strong!

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeed me, Seeeeeeeyymoooooooooooooouuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

- posted      Profile for IvyGirl   Email IvyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Mom (Farmgirl) finally got me the generic equivalent of a Tamagochi. Although it was a very long time ago, and eventually the toy broke. I think I was probably nine or ten at the time. Thankfully I've outgrown that. Maybe. But the real cats are much better. Mine was a catlike thing or something, I'm not really sure what it was. It was just a thing. [Dont Know]

Ivygirl

Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

The important thing is:
Did you take care of it while it was alive?

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Bump!
Bye! Going to...BBQ! (Churrasco!!!) [Big Grin]

IvyGirl
Member # 6252

Yes, of course I took care of it while it was alive! Although it was really annoying sometimes. By the time it broke, I was sick of it, so it really was good timing! [Big Grin]
Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

Yes, of course I took care of it while it was alive! Although it was really annoying sometimes. By the time it broke, I was sick of it, so it really was good timing! [Big Grin]

Ivygirl

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Poor toy ;-)
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

and bump!
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

bump! (4 days to go...It'll be tiring)
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

bump again! Up there he goes!
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

Yeah, by then is was a very sad toy. Most of the buttons had worn down so much, it took forever to get it to register anything, therefore, my "thing" was not in the greatest shape.....not that I cared too much by then. [Evil Laugh]

Ivygirl

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

If the buttons were worn out, I guess you played with it a lot.

But every "pet", even virtual ones, must meet "old yeller"'s end. [Evil]

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

bump!

It's kinda marathon, I guess.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

You know, I've never really understood the phenomenon that was the Tamagochi's, and before that, the pet rock, craze. Why have inanimate objects as pets? How lame is that? But both ideas took off like wildfire in the United States. (wish I had thought of that pet rock idea -- I would be a millionaire).

That's one reason it took Ivygirl forever to convince me to get her a Tamagochi -- what is the purpose of a mechanical pet when you have a farm full of the REAL THING!!???

Of course, maybe my view is colored simply by the fact that I've always, always had live pets -- and can't imagine it any other way. So maybe city-dwellers can enlighten me.

Nowadays they have these mechanical "pets" -- cats or dogs -- that make the appropriate sounds, movements, etc. of a real pet (without the feeding and poop). Again, this just makes me shake my head....

Farmgirl

edit to add link: Fur Real Pet

[ August 10, 2004, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

IvyGirl
Member # 6252

That's why it is appealing! It's kinda like having a pet (not as good though) except it doesn't eat or poop, so it is cheaper for one. Also it doesn't shed. So their house stays clean for the most part, and they still have a "pet". It's still dumb, though. Real pets are so much better. Like the one I have in my lap right now, making it extremely hard to type! [Big Grin]

Ivygirl

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to have a robot that was capable of surveilance, defending me, bringing me stuff, mowing the lawn, vaccuming the house, taking out the trash, etc. I have no interest in a robot for companionship. Of course, I expect that my distant ancestors said the same thing about domesticated animals (except for the vaccuming part, probably).
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Some time ago, there was a computer program that emulated a tamagochi. Does anyone know where I can find it? you know...I never had a tamagochi (I'll never post again in the "be a man" thread). [Roll Eyes]
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

There was a movie...
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehhe.. I have a tamagochi stuffed animal in my car. It's actually the small round blob that you start off with... and it's bright pink. It's sooooo gay...er... cool. I mean cool.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

[ROFL]
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

and...bump before I go to work. Bye, people!
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

bump!
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

bump!
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

- posted      Profile for SoberTillNoon   Email SoberTillNoon         Edit/Delete Post 
I hated those things. Giga pets were way better.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

What was a Giga Pet?
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

- posted      Profile for SoberTillNoon   Email SoberTillNoon         Edit/Delete Post 
Gasp! Giga Pets ROCK!

now you know.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

So, Gigapets were some kind of generic Tamagochi?
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

Generic! !!!! Dont trifle with my emotions like that. Something that was that cool, and that much better than that tamigatchi is not generic!

[ August 11, 2004, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: SoberTillNoon ]

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

So, why was it better than the tamagotchi?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.