FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Batman?

Author Topic: New Batman?
drumsntolkein
Member # 6095

- posted      Profile for drumsntolkein           Edit/Delete Post 
I think this may somewhat redeem That Which Must not be named....NOT.

Batman Begins

[edit:removal of the unspeakable movie]

[ August 05, 2004, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: drumsntolkein ]

Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
No, this will in no way redeem the George Clooney Batman.

It should be forgotten and never mentioned again.

But this new one looks preetty cool. [Cool]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drumsntolkein
Member # 6095

Yeah that was definitely a disgrace to the awesomeness of Batman.
Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
What did I just say?

No mentioning [confused pause] that which must not be named. [No No]

[ August 05, 2004, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
There is no spoon...

There is no <<unnamable movie>>

If we wish hard enough, we can change reality... [Wink]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Christopher Nolan.

<flounder>
This is gonna be GREAT!
</flounder>

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page08.html

What on earth did they do to the batmobile??

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Vehicle of stealth, it appears not to be anymore... vehicle of off-roadiness, perhaps.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it looks interesting.

As for the bat mobile, they wanted to build a realistic bat mobile...something that would do what they say it can do so they got military advisers and said what they wanted it to do and built what they were told. I kind of like it...it seems more gritty that the typical Hollywood versions. It also looks more like what batman would have built in his early years.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

reminiscent of Frank Miller's version of it, I thought...
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It also looks more like what batman would have built in his early years.
Meh! Batman wouldn't have built it. He makes Alfred do all his dirty work for him.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkWizard
Member # 6186

- posted      Profile for DarkWizard   Email DarkWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
But but but Batman's not supposed to be "realistic" he's supposed to be cool and stealthy. A batmobile with huge wheels isn't stealthy it's... something else. Although it is very superhero-ie.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

That batmobile is less stealth, more bada**.

Which I am totally grooving on. [Cool]

digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, personally, I loved BATMAN & ROBIN (the one with George Clooney and Ah-nold). [Razz]

*runs, dodging tomatoes and cackling wildly*

[ August 05, 2004, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: digging_holes ]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I have yet to decide on the batmobile. However, I am putting an unbelievable amount of faith in this movie.

[ August 05, 2004, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

Quicktime of the new batmobile
drumsntolkein
Member # 6095

The biggest thing I'm excited about is that the Scarecrow's in it! The first time in the history of live-action Batman movies!
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
They're filmining it in Chicago which should be interesting and give it a different feel.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I think George Clooney would have made a hell of a Batman if he'd had a director who knew what the character was about. If he'd played him dark, mysterious, a bit alarming even to people who know him...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I agree, Clooney could have been fine. It wasn't his fault. The entire movie was horrible.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought "they that shall not be named" as the ultimate DC-cralidgous Bat-related experience was this years "Cat..."astrophy of a movie.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Dan, I have no idea what you are talking about.

And I'm trying very hard to keep it that way. [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.