FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bushism - okay, this one made me laugh.

Author Topic: Bushism - okay, this one made me laugh.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
They are usually lame, but this was funny. I'll bet he got a sinking feeling as soon as it came out.
quote:
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

[ August 05, 2004, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Give the guy a break. Even Dubya can be truthful once in his life.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure he meant he was thinking of what they might do in order to stop it.

Never the less, yeesh, that's going to end up in a MoveOn.borg ad... If not a Kerry ad.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] That's funny.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
That is pretty funny. [ROFL]

I wonder what he was trying for.... Obviously not, "we are neverending in our quest to come up with ways to harm our country and citizens" (which how it came out and is quite funny), but "we are neverending in our quest to come up with ways to harm their country and citizens" is horrible too. [Dont Know]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
It's funny because it IS so true. Or is that scary?
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's both. Hey, at least we can say that he's being truthful this time!
Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I almost wet myself when i saw this. funniest experience of my life.

Bush Speech

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Well...I thought it was funny.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

No laughs? [Cry]
Aria
Member # 6699

- posted      Profile for Aria   Email Aria         Edit/Delete Post 
Laughs
Posts: 19 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, laughs. Almost suitable to close a re-edited version of F911.
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria
Member # 6699

- posted      Profile for Aria   Email Aria         Edit/Delete Post 
But seriously (if that can be said about Bushy) my fave Bushism is

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

Thank god

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still trying to figure out if The Pixiest is on the Bush campaign payroll...
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
imagining Eduardo walking around dressed like the Chicquita Banana girl..... [Laugh]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Why, o, why?

[Dont Know]

(And the 'Chiquita Banana' girl was called Carmem Miranda. The first brazilian (the only, I guess), to 'make it' in Hollywood.)

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
"Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment." -GW Bush
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I said:
quote:
imagining Eduardo walking around dressed like the Chicquita Banana girl.....
and Eduardo responded:
quote:
Why, o, why?
Because you commented earlier about making sure you wore something exotic like a banana hat. [Big Grin]

quote:
And the 'Chiquita Banana' girl was called Carmem Miranda
I thought so but wasn't positive... thanks for confirming... I may be using that at the luau tomorrow [Smile]

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.