FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Our dog died today

Author Topic: Our dog died today
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
He was hit by a truck. I think we're all still in shock, most of all the kids. Licorice was a member of our family and was very loved. He was only two years old, so while we didn't get to have him long, we're lucky that he was in our lives for the time that he was.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry. [Frown] That's a tough thing.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Space Opera)))))
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man! That is SO sad! [Cry]

When my daughter was about 8, I think, she got a new puppy and entered 4-H and was going to show him in the dog show that fall for 4-H. During the summer wheat harvest, he somehow slipped under the fence and ran out in the road in front of a wheat truck.I walked out there with her as she knelt by his body and just cried. And I just held her and cried with her.

Give your kids hugs from me.

Farmgirl

[ August 06, 2004, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Space Opera & Family)))
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for your loss. I've been there too. [Frown]

(((SO & Co)))

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Sudden deaths hit so hard. I am sorry. [Frown]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Space Opera, I'm so incredibly sorry. I've lost dogs that way too, and it's a horrible thing.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Losing a pet can be a very difficult thing. *lots of hugs for SO and family* [Cry]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs*
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww! [Frown]

*HUGS*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Good bye, Licorice. [Frown]

I'm sorry, Space. That's really sad.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Tsc...that's bad, Space Opera [Frown] .
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel your pain Space Opera. It's tough losing a family member no matter what the species. (((((My Twin)))))
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry [Frown]
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Opera&family)))))

I'm so sorry.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much everyone. It's hard to believe that a 22 pound dog could leave such a void in our lives, but he has. We bought both the kids a photo album and are copying pictures of Licorice that they can put in there. We also made arrangements to have him cremated so that we can keep his ashes. My son has Licorice's collar, and they each picked a squeaker toy (his favorites) to keep in their room. I can't bear to pick up any of his other toys or empty his food and water bowl just yet. Our family feels imcomplete right now. We were 5 this morning and now we are only 4. Thanks again to everyone. I know some people might say "it's just a dog" but anyone who's ever lost one knows that it's much more than that.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
from Cythera
Member # 6749

- posted      Profile for from Cythera   Email from Cythera         Edit/Delete Post 
A dog is definitely part of the family, and I'm so sorry for your family's loss. I still have a framed picture on my wall of a dog that died when I was 12. Take care.
Posts: 117 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so very, very sorry.

The loss of a dog is so harsh, yet so pure, a grief. There is only love there, uncrowded by guilt or anything else. You know they just loved you, purely and simply.

It is also hard because so many people are like, yeah, whatever, it was only a dog, so you feel unjustified in the intensity of your grief.

Again, I am so sorry.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

- posted      Profile for alath   Email alath         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh that's horrible. I'm so sorry.

(((Space Opera)))

Posts: 145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am very sorry. I am a HUGE dog person, and have been lucky to have 3 wonderful dogs in my life from childhood. We felt the loss of the first two really bad, so i have an idea how much it hurts.

I am very sorry for you and your family.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
It is a very tough thing to go through. I lost my cat while I was away at college. I still cry everytime I watch My Dog Skip. [Frown]

I hope your kids remember that you have enriched Licorice's life as much as he has enriched yours. He was lucky to have such loving companions. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, that's so sad. Condolences on your loss--it must be hard for your family to lose a beloved pet so suddenly.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

I'm so sorry, Spacey.

(((((Spacey & family)))))

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.