FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Surprise Guest at KamaCon (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Surprise Guest at KamaCon
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Hint: Boulevard
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
A certain website has given away who it is, but I won't say which one.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark Hacking has kind of ruined that style of beard for me. Not that I was ever crazy about it. I like an uncivilized beard.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
dra: --I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

It's enough for this wide eyed wanderer
That we got this far (ooooAAAAaaaah)...

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We could have met this time if you hadn't bowed out over some flimsy excuse about a wedding or something similarly unconvincing.
And your my hope to convince Eve to join the 'Rack? [Wink]

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, well, I found out who it was by accident. The joke is ruined for me, and yet even more hilarious now.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
::goes to look for pics of Geoff::

Hmmmmm...

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I was there and saw the suprise guest as well. I wasn't sure if he resembled OSC that much but everyone assured me that he did. He did seem to enjoy himself and I'm quite certain that he was not an employee of the hotel. [Wave]
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
He did have an annoying habit of talking about himself in the third person. We are not amused!

[Razz]

Well...okay, really, we are amused.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
We?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah ok, now I know who it is. Actually, while the face looked familiar, i've never met this dude before. I also found out by accident, and am still snorting coffee all over my monitor.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

CT, I heard the surprise guest lament that you weren't there. Apparently he would have liked to converse with you.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
[No No]

It wasn't Papa Moose. Though he is mighty fine lookin'. I expected him to be very shaggy for some reason, like a Hell's Angel with a sweet looking wife and two kids.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I'm an inveterate smart-a** and I'm exhibiting great restraint by not commenting on this quote,
quote:
I would have been able to swallow gray hairs, but not a jones for my cranky self.
[ROFL]
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, it's obviously punwit, and he's related to OSC somehow. His brother? Who?
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Now what would make you think it was me? I was just commenting (or not commenting) on the quote by CT. It was rife with possibilities for risque rejoinders.
punwit
Member # 6388

I believe that you have clamped on to my leg and are attempting to pullet.
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have met OSC in person several times, and I can honestly say that looks nothing like him.
I love it when I read fast without glasses... I read this as "I have met OSC in prison several times" and immediately started thinking about OSC doing prison ministry visits for NdRa... [Smile]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

CT, it's a shame you chickened out. I'm willing to banty about for at least 20 more minutes.
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still sorry we didn't get a chance to have a beer with him.

He has a very wonderful family. Hugs go out to them for attending, too. We enjoyed meeting all of you!

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously, I must refrain from engaging in such a poultry battle of puns.

Enjoy the margarita CT - take a drink for me. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
CT, punwit, don't you think that the two of you are laying it on a little thick? I'm afraid I'm going to have to cry fowl. But...enough grousing about that.

I really regret having been cooped up at home and unable to attend Kamacon. Then I could have met punwit too.

::cocks head at an angle::

Punwit, are you related to OSC? In what way?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Enough with the Pheasantries.
Noemon
Member # 1115

So far, the two best puns have been CT's "capon" and pooka's "pheasantries". 'Course, feel free to disagree. That's just my 'pinion.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Oh, now, come on, that was a good one! I know that we're probably coming close to exhausting this topic, but I'm sure that if you just comb through the recesses of your mind you can come up with more chicken-related puns.
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon and pooka,

stop pecking at each other! Fry to get along, will you?

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Someday you'll get yours, sndrake! 'Hen you'll be sorry!
sndrake
Member # 4941

Hah! Got your gander up, did I?

Quit your grousing! [Taunt]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Would you bird brains just shut the flock up?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

[ROFL]
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Actually I believe it is time to stop. Those who are not properly prepared for this onslaught of punnery may quail in fright.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
The unkindness of Raven's has brought out murderous laughter in me. I'm crowing loudly!

AJ

[ August 17, 2004, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
not like you guys need help, but this is fun
http://www.bcpl.net/~tross/gnlist.html

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I would respond back with a pun of my own, but I ate too much, and feel too full to engage in such hijinks. Hmph.

::wattles away::

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
'tis but a poultry bit of possible puns to post!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I'll tell you, if there were several of Dan posting on this board, it would be murder trying to get a pun in edgewise.
sndrake
Member # 4941

From heron in, I will be civil.

I will snipe no more.

(I can't believe I have the gull to say that with a straight face)

Noemon
Member # 1115

That's good Steve. The...force with which you were pursuing this had me wondering if you'd gone stork raving mad.
sndrake
Member # 4941

Not mad, Jake. Just a little loony. [Razz]
Noemon
Member # 1115

[ROFL] Well Steve, I laughed aloud at that one, and now my co-workers are looking at me funny. I'm afraid that you and your jokes are robin' me of any dignity I used to have around here.
pooka
Member # 5003

I hope this won't have a pun nested anywhere in it, but does anyone remember Elizabeth's sexual connotations of "Chicken" thread?
sndrake
Member # 4941

Hey, Jake, it could have been worse. You could have fallen off your perch.

That would have made me feel terrible, beakause it would have been my fowlt.

punwit
Member # 6388

Noemon, I'm not related to OSC in any way that I'm aware of. My father has hinted that I may have a half brother somewhere in Japan but that's not gonna answer your question.

I want to revisit the comment by CT that highlighted the gray in the beard of the mystery guest. I'm guessing that My Grecian formula would help cover that up.

punwit
Member # 6388

I hate to pimp for my puns but I'm hoping you knew that the grecian bit was just continuing the bird pun bit.

[ August 17, 2004, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Graying beards are incredibly sexy.

As are puns.

*swoons*

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to pigeon-hole dkw, but, yes folks, she's my chick!

[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Shoot - Bob and Dana really are a cutesy couple in a non-sugary, non annoying and very entertaining kind of way. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.