FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack is ruining my normal human interactions.

Author Topic: Hatrack is ruining my normal human interactions.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I went to get my hair cut and was sitting in the chair while my stylist combed out my wet hair. I have a very wimpy head (which is weird because I have a high pain tolerance) and long hair so I asked if I could comb it out myself, explaning that it only hurts when someone else combs it. The stylist at the next chair leaned over and said, "Were you premature? Your head is probably tender because you were premature. My son was premature, too, and his head is really tender when I comb it."

I said, "Actually, I was born on the due date. You're confusing correlation with causality, anyway. Just because your son was premature and has a tender head doesn't mean it was caused by being premature. In fact, I could say that you babied him because he was premature, and his tenderheadedness is just one result."

She stopped smiling and went back to cleaning her chair. My own beautician was snickering though, although I think it was AT me, not with me. I followed up with a doozy.

My beautician said, "You know, I have two nieces with tender heads, and they both have long hair. You know what I say when I cut their hair, I say they shouldn't have long hair if they have tender heads."

I said, "That isn't really logical. You're the only one who's affected by it, and you only deal with my hair once every four months, and for fifteen minutes, AND you get paid. Why should I wear my hair short so that you don't have to let me comb out my own hair three times a year?"

I wonder if I'll be able to have any normal human relationships now that I'm on the crack?

[ August 25, 2004, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] which reminds me, I need a hair cut myself...
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a question:

Did this conversation cause my bad haircut, or did they just happen at the same time?

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL

Hmm, I need a haircut, too. Darn. I hate getting a haircut.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
That reminds me to call my beautician and make an appointment. Thanks!
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
See, the problem here isn't Hatrack. The problem is that you need to find a smart and polite stylist, who works with other smart and polite stylists. Plus, if you manage that, you might get better haircuts.

Implying you should wear your hair short. Bah!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
No joke! Sveta, I have a great person here whom you will love. You and Jes totally should move in with us! He's smart and funny and gives great haircuts. Ought to be a hatracker, in fact. You just need to dump your stylist. [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

PSI, you rock. That is hysterical.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my hair trimmed. And I was born three weeks early and have a tough head.

So there. [Razz]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

My colleague at work just discovered what a geek I am yesterday. I told her I was hoping to go to Camlann (it's a year round medieval village) and she looked at me funny and said:

"That's so bizarre - I mean, sure, it'd be cool to see, but on vacation?! That's like going to a Star Trek Convention."

So I laughed and told her if there was a Trek Con nearby, I'd be perfectly happy to go to that, too. And smiled sweetly, saying, "Did I forget to mention I'm a geek? And I like it that way . . . "

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
It's soo familiar...

Hurrah to geekness!

[The Wave]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, ok, I've had conversations like that since before I found all you weirdos. [Dont Know]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
That was the little geek in you screaming to get out.

[ August 26, 2004, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
There's no little geek in me screaming to get out. I have always been a big geek, and unabashedly so! [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Good for you, sister! [Wave]
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
That cracks me up, PSI. Being afraid of blurting out things like that is why I tend to just remain silent, or nod my head and go "hmmm, thats interesting".

As far as tender heads go, I had someone say that the head just needs a good massage everyday to get the blood going through the scalp and make it tougher. That is why it is a good idea to really scrub in the shampoo (not with your fingernails though!).

I need a good beautician. I need someone who is both not afraid to cut my hair short and someone who knows how to make a short haircut feminine. Someone who preferable knows how to cut hair with a razor. My current one can cut hair with a razor, but is afraid to cut it short.

Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

I thought this was a thread about geeky haircuts! [Confused]

[Wink]

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
So, uh, by way of an aside--and I feel dumb for having to ask this at this point--is "Sveta" another one of PSI's nicknames?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Technically, Sveta is my only nickname. Paula was just a joke because it was part of my old screen name. I guess it became a meme, but it was never actually a nickname.

BTW:

quote:
And I was born three weeks early and have a tough head.
I read this as "tough beard".

[ August 26, 2004, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

saxon75
Member # 4589

See, I always think of you as Paula. Except every once in a while when I think of you as Maureen.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

That's cool. : ) I like names.
saxon75
Member # 4589

So, did you ever have a screen name with "Maureen" in it? Or am I just being dumb again and conflating you with some other Hatracker?
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Yeah, MaureenJanay is my original oldie, from 2002.
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my haircut. I was born a whole 32 days LATE and i have a head softer than a tomato.
(Not really... but it's a pretty soft head.)

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I thought that was you. Wow, so you've actually been around here longer than I have. Guess I have to change your status in my brain from "contemporary" to "old-timer."
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

*laugh* No, that's okay. I think a posted a total of ten times under that name during that time here. I started all over under TwosonPaula as a newbie. MaureenJanay just got resurrected when I was searching for my passwords, and I had totally forgotten it existed.

Now rest your brain on this: I also posted a couple of times when you could only get to Hatrack if you were AOL.

saxon75
Member # 4589

*head asplodes*

I actually have an older name myself that had zero posts until I was trying to avoid a landmark with this one. But your Maureen account is still older than my msakaseg account.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
amka, fly out here and see mine. or my sister! [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
If we did live in the Hatrack commune, who would cut hair? I hope they wouldn't try to talk me into cutting mine short.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
It seems to me that the only one with the soft head is the hairdresser.

My hair is so straight that it's just better if I go pixie short. I also like it short because I'm lazy and don't like to spend an hour drying my hair.

Ditch the hairdresser and find one that's smart enough to keep her "medical opinions" to herself.

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I had one guy that was magic with hair, and his name was Castro. *laugh* He had the same hair as Jes, meaning very long and curly, pulled back into a ponytail. When Jes asked him to cut his hair, Castro was pretty upset. He cut it though, but told us in no uncertain terms that it looked better long. I think he was right, but we asked his opinion, so it's different.

But Castro moved and I've had no luck since then. He's the only guy that was so good with hair that I would pay as much as he charged.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.