FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Searching for a Book

Author Topic: Searching for a Book
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm at a loss -- my professor for this upcoming semester is having us purchase a book of short stories, which includes one of her own. The new copies at the campus bookstore are twenty bucks -- I'm hoping I can find the book on half.com or something similar.

Problem is, I can't remember what it's called or who the editor is. So basically I know that she wrote one of the short stories in the book, and her name is Karen Blomain, and that the book is red in color. Any ideas on how to find it with that sad lack of information?

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Use a Ouija board?
Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
I did a quick Google search , and the only one I can find is called A Trick of Light

Half.com had some books BY her, but none as a project with other authors.

I would suggest googling her name and looking at a bibliography of books she's written.

Hope it helps!

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Karen Blomain's webpage

Anything ring a bell?

Does your professor have an online component, listing the syllabus and required class materials?

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I got a few book titles from this page. See if any of them ring a bell:

Black Diamond
Borrowed Light
Trick of Light
Coalseam: Poems from the Anthracite Region
Normal Avenue
Potato Eyes, Vol. 19
Slap

Have you tried the campus library? If they don't have the book, you can probably ask them to purchase a couple. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

Well, that's the thing -- they have the book, I saw it there the other day -- but I don't want to spend $20 bucks on it if I can help it.
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant idea -- go back there to find out what the name of the book is.

Then go to half.com.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

Oh, gee, thanks. Hadn't thought of that.

What I was trying to do was order it as soon as possible online so I would have it in time for the class on Wednesday. Since I don't have time tomorrow, and the store is closed Sunday, that wouldn't be possible unless I found it online within the next few days.

TMedina
Member # 6649

Call them and ask for the name of the anthology required for class.

Quick, easy and you'll have the necessary information.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

Not a bad plan.

I was so hoping it would be easier to find on the internet. I know it's something like "Split Second Fiction" or something about the stories being really short. It's one of those "i'm annoyed that i can't remember the title!" sort of things.

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but I don't want to spend $20 bucks on it if I can help it.
But what about the library? Couldn't you just check out the book at the library for free?

[ August 28, 2004, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: Beren One Hand ]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Damn, Theca beat me to it - I was lost on the "kuztownbookstore.com" site with no luck. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Leonide
Member # 4157

I found it! On half.com!

I had an ephiphany and remembered the book title about two minutes ago.

I can't believe KU's bookstore has a webpage.

I'm dumb.

[Razz]

Thank you to everyone for all your help!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.